Looking for Uni students interested in OC/Selective tutoring (1 Viewer)

oasfree

HSC
N/A
I have been developing a good program of work and delivery method to help primary school students achieve OC and selective school placement. Now I have the program running with excellent results with near 100% selective school placement and high percentage of OC placement. As I do not drive to visit students, I do not tutor students whose parents are too far to drive to my place. I would like to look for Uni students who are interested in doing 1-on-1 tutoring at people's house. This service could be more rewarding than working for tutoring colleges.

While the content is only around year 4-9 (for gifted year 3-6 students), the rigour of the modern OC and selective tests even challenged school teachers! Uni students are unlikely to score very high when confronted with a selective school test as it will have to be completed with less than 1 minute per question (in average). This is why many parents with University degrees just could not properly tutor their own children. Therefore the business of tutoring kids so that they will score almost as well as the tutor is never an easy job. The expectation from parents is HIGH! Lacking experience about what to do, what content to use and how to help kids understand ... further complicate the picture.

There are parents out there who are prepared to pay the right price but they expect the job to be done well and success must be almost assured. They are often already disillusioned by mass tutoring centres. I'd like to compile a list of interested tutors. When there is a request for 1-on-1 near your area, I will make introduction. They do not want the kind of service provided by mass tutoring with low chance of success (a waste of their time and their kids' time). Clearly I will vet the clients so that expectations could be met. The tutors negotiate privately with the parents on the fee. However the delivery method and work should follow my general guide lines and all the work (online) will provide directly to the students. I also provide comprehensive support directly to both students and tutors on regular basis so that the success rate could be expected to be at nearly 100%. The parents would boot a tutor immediately if they cannot see progress after a term. In this business there is no time to lose.

I am still developing my business model so please do not expect too much at this stage. This is an invitation for collaboration. I am looking for interested Uni students at this moment. The difficulty is clear that when parents expect an almost sure chance of success, they would rather pay more to get someone 40+ years old with a strong track record.

The qualities I am looking for

- Honesty
- Liking children
- Helpful
- Patient
- Sharp in problem solving, always searching for best ways to solve a problem
- Always ask oneself "Can I do something better?". Anything less than being well done is not good enough.

If you are interested, please send me a message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)