lord of the rings (1 Viewer)

RUBLEET

HSC
i am reading "fellowship of the ring" for physical journey.can any1 suggest me some gud websites to get help from. or does any1 has any material on this.......please help me i am in great need.
thanx.

Pointy Ears

HSC
U no wat?
Ive read all the Tolkien books and i dont recommend that you use them for physicals jourmeys because it takes a LONG time to get into it and to synthesise all the information.
I suggest that you use the movies as a text instead because everything is a lot eaiser to understand, though there are LOTS of ppl who admit that they still dont even understand that.

So yea, i think it would be easier of u used the movies and found a shorter book to read, but if your still keen on doing the book, then look up FOTR summaries or LOTR websites because they have a lot of information about the characters and their various journeys.

HSC
HAHAHA you have to check out some of the Lord Of The Rings gifs people have made in these forums. Just scroll down the pages and click on the links, theres about 12 pages of them, but they r very very funny and creative. It does in fact not help you with what your looking for, but check it out, as you will get a good laugh :D

HSC
HAHAHA you have to check out some of the Lord Of The Rings gifs people have made in these forums. Just scroll down the pages and click on the links, theres about 12 pages of them, but they r very very funny and creative. It does in fact not help you with what your looking for, but check it out, as you will get a good laugh :D

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1416950&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

sorry i forgot to put it in... lol

RUBLEET

HSC
wasted_emotions said:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1416950&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

sorry i forgot to put it in... lol

the problem is that i am already half way through the "felloship of the ring"..........and if i change to another book i have no idea which book i will b using..........................
u sed it for journey didnt u? dont u have any notes or stuff.................

Pointy Ears

HSC
Trust me, the FOTR is the hardest to do not only because it is a LONG book, the whole journey doesnt even finish until the Return of the King, so it would be a lot harder to go through a person's journey when it hasnt actually finished.

U no, there are LOTS of books out there, like, go to the library and look for shorter novels, there are heaps of short fantasy novels whose journeys are easier to note.

Jacks

HSC
I agree that the fellowship is hard because there is no end to the journey which is why I suggested return of the king in the other thread you made asking the same question. If you want to continue with FOTR at least you can focus on the fact that one journey actually becomes 3...that is you have frodo and sam's journey, merry and pippin's and then the rest of the fellowship (Legolas, Gimli, aragorn etc) That is one thing you could note because they split at the end and go their separate ways...:)

RUBLEET

HSC
i wasnt gonna choose this book anyways.............but my teacher suggested its the best 1 2 do.
well now i am stuck in d middle.............coz i have already wasted my 1 week reading more than half of it.
yeah i think it will b hard for me............coz the journey doesnt finish in fotr..........what i will do now is i will talk 2 to d teacher 2moz and c what he says.........
guys thanx for ur help.
and wud u suggest any particular novel 2 read.........a gud 1.....

Jacks

HSC
I'll think about a replacement novel for you, though talk to your teacher if you decide to go ahead with the fellowship of the ring I'll try to help you all I can. Let me know what you decide, and I'll try and see if I can come up with a good alternative for you. :)

Pointy Ears

HSC
Omg u know wat?!?!
I've just the book for you!
Its like a physical journey of these kids and its an entertaining, fast read, sorta like a Harry Potter book.

Its called : The Starthorn Tree by Kate Forsyth

and another one thats good is 'The Book of Lies' but ive forgotten who the author is.

Anyways, those are the only ones I can think of that would suit the time you have left (cos u seem to be panicking).

Also, if you are a Tolkien fan, i guess you could always read 'THe Hobbit'!

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)