love actually (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
i dont know why everyone who watched film " Love Actually" hates that chick.
lol! i never said i hate her! i just think she's creepy!!
(and yeah, she has issues :D)

anyway. i REALLY want to get the screenplay. check it out, it's packed with photos, it's got the entire script, behind the scenes, interviews etc. ohhhh. it's $25, should i get it? :cool:

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
Originally posted by bubz :D
lol! i never said i hate her! i just think she's creepy!!
(and yeah, she has issues :D)

anyway. i REALLY want to get the screenplay. check it out, it's packed with photos, it's got the entire script, behind the scenes, interviews etc. ohhhh. it's $25, should i get it? :cool:
i didnt say that you hate her, all my friend who watched that movie hate her, there is a thread about hating her on imdb.com.
get the script if it is really you favourite movie, who not to indulge yourself?

HSC
N/A
I saw it.. it was rather predictable, but somehow alright.

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
love actually somehow reminds me of the charlies angels-2, in both these movies a lot of famous people, and predictable good wins over evil or love over hate(ignorance)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
wat??? i dont understand that at al!!

Charlies angels two was one of the worst movies ive ever seen.. it comes very close to royal tennabuams!

Love actually has nothing in common wit charlies angels..

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
yeah i agree these movies are different.
the similarities are: both had a lot of famous people.
both these movies didnt had a point, like film "cold mountain" had.
and both these films heart warming

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
did u like charlies angels? i hated it .. thought it was one of the worst movies ever,
i dont think its anything like love actually! Unless u may notice alot of movies have famous people in them.. thats how they become famous - through movies! charlies angels had a point -the girls had to get the ring back to save the world or watever.. anyway it was shit! love actually was the forming and breaking of relationships - an insight into different peoples lives with love and without love! It showed that love was actually .. everywhere

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
this had more of a point that charlies angels2. that movie is a string of scenes put together.

i liked loveactually a lot more!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol

i didn teven like charlies angels 1 that much there was just too much hype

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
ok ok i started all this charlies angels thing. as majority of you think there is no similarity between them let them be different, but i still see that conection beetween them

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well i see some of the similarities
Originally posted by piccaninny
yeah i agree these movies are different.
the similarities are: both had a lot of famous people.
both these movies didnt had a point, like film "cold mountain" had.
and both these films heart warming
yes lots of famous people
no, love actually did have a point
i didn't see the end of angels to see if it was heartwarming! but LA is!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i know, it's soooo sweet... man i can't get over the hugh grant dancing scene :D

tony: "colin - you're a lonely, ugly asshole, and you must accept it!"
colin: "never. i am colin, God of Sex! i'm just on the wrong continent, that's all."

lol ;D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol

and i like the end, the proposal between the 2 people

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Finally got to watch Love Actually!

I never knew romantic comedy can you cry so much- argh, the Colin Firth storyline and the end of the movie did anyway.

You know how they tend to make proposing scenes mostly romantic and too corny in most of the movies? I simply think the Portugese proposal was very well done. Especially when they have taken care of Collin Firth's character's beginner Portugese, and have reflected the 'literal translation' in the English subtitle.

And how damn funny was that rock singer guy?
'Kids just remember this message from your Uncle Billy. Whatever you do Don't buy drugs (pause) Just become and a rockstar and people will give them to you for free' LOL

Even though some people might despise it (well, in the film, the black dude did anyway), yes, Colin (the dude who travelled to US) was SO DAMN right!! 'I am just on the wrong continent'

And how sweet was the unrequited love from Mark to Juliet?

Needless to say, I really loved it and was surprised at the fact that even though they have like umm... more than 10 (?) love stories intertwined, it wasn't as patchy as I thought.

I think that most stories in Love Actually were very charming and some very close to reality. LOL, and I loved the irony behind the Hugh Grant's political storyline!

Well, years back, there's a film called Playing By Heart that was subjected on the theme of love as well. Similarly, the former also followed the path of patching-several-love-stories-together. However, unlike the latter, its stories of the former just didn't really click at all until the end. Has anyone seen it? It was the one with Sean Connery, Gillian Anderson, Angelina Jolie etc

Anyway, if you haven't got bored about it (coz I think there was a thread on this movie ages ago), feel free to drop down any comments. Or you can also discussed similar movies :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)