Love & Physical Attraction (1 Viewer)

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Okay, so my friend and I were discussing this, and we didn't really get anywhere (with everyone having a completely different view).
In your opinion, do you think to be in love with someone, you have to be physically attracted to them?

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Personally, if I'm 'in love' with someone, no matter what they looked like I'd find them attractive through my eyes.

Last edited:

Conspirocy

HSC
you can love someone and not be attracted to them...fits in nicely with loving someone and cheating on them...you would cheat because of the physical attraction, you love who ur going out with but at that moment when you cheat you are attracted to someone else...its all attraction...thats how id rationalise it

latvia

HSC
N/A
If phyiscal attraction comes before everything else, I doubt it's really love for that person.

But then, sometimes we get so entagled in our "feelings" that we don't even care what came first.

Legham

HSC
I assume you can love someone who your not physically attracted to at all, but without the initial physical attraction then what will make you originally interested in the person more than a friend?

bluebiro

HSC
im not physically attracted to my gf. but i just dont think about it or judge her. i concentrate on other things. remember...physical appearance is only one slice in the pie.

BlackDragon

HSC
physical attraction will come as a consequence of love.
love will not necessarily come as a consequence of physical attraction.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Physical attraction is one of a plethora of methods by which one person gains another's attention, then love may or may not develop based on personality.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
BlackDragon said:
physical attraction will come as a consequence of love.
love will not necessarily come as a consequence of physical attraction.
i agree
if i love someone i'm going to be more physically attracted to them
i dont know how it works, but thats the way it rolls

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Well I think it would be quite difficult (not impossible) to fall in love with somone you're not physically attracted to AT ALL...

Friends are the people with compatible personalites who you aren't physically attracted to.

Just imagine: "I love you, but physically you simply disgust me" Uh.. no, that won't work.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Ingoesout said:
Friends are the people with compatible personalites who you aren't physically attracted to.
I quite like how you put that. So true.

As for the question.. i wouldnt know about the whole love thing, but i have friends that could potentially make wonderful partners but i could not imagine being intimate with them. However that also may have a lot to do with the awkwardness im sure they would show in that respect.

On the other hand i have felt deeply for someone that i was initially attracted to but dont find overly attractive (if that makes sense).. he did however have ounces of self confidence. I suppose if he was all timid and shy there would have been limited attraction at all.

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Ingoesout said:
Well I think it would be quite difficult (not impossible) to fall in love with somone you're not physically attracted to AT ALL...

Just imagine: "I love you, but physically you simply disgust me" Uh.. no, that won't work.
The thing is, you would develop an attraction if you really liked them. You wouldn't look at them as fugly if you liked them...

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
actually a friend of mine didn't find this girl that physically attractive at all. I thought she was, but he just never payed attention to her like that. I think he fell in love with her though and noticed just how pretty she actually is. So that theory goes to waste, not all attraction is instant.

cupcake08

HSC
konstantine' said:
i guess it depends on how shallow the person is.
but if you disregard physical attraction so as not to be "shallow", what exactly is the difference between a friend and something more?

konstantine'

HSC
Well assume all your friends look the same, then ask whether there's the potential to be emotionally attached to all of them. I don't think so.

My point was that shallow people may find it more difficult to love someone if they're not physically attracted to them.

PrettyVacant

HSC
You don't HAVE to be, but it certainly helps! =) It's like a bonus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)