Low bands in ADV english or High Bands in Std english? (1 Viewer)

samhe888

HSC
Hello, i just want to ask, can i get 98 atar with std english?

Right now im struggling with Adv english, class rank like 18/26 and im in prelim. Should i keep ADV or Std, i dont know myself. Plz help ;/

D94

HSC
N/A
You can get an ATAR of 98 with any combination of subjects.

If you are struggling in Advanced, changing to Standard won't make a difference unless you address what you are struggling with because they are pretty much the same subject where the only material difference in the difficulty of the texts.

However, I doubt there are many students with an ATAR of 98+ who also did Standard.

samhe888

HSC
basically im stuggling with analysing texts and techniques.

and

Does std english scales down your rank ? and is it hard to get a band 6 in std? Even, if i can get a band 6 in std, would it be better to do Adv?

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
If you could get band 6 in standard, you most likely would have gotten a higher mark in advanced. Advanced and standard scale exactly the same. Its just one is harder so they give u a higher nominal mark (advanced) for the same exam marks. Standard has easier to understand texts and easier questions but because of this it is harder to get a higher band.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah stick with Advanced. Dropping down doesn't guarantee that you'll get top in Standard, and you may well end up doing worse.

Destan

HSC
I wouldn't recommend dropping Advanced, instead, I would insist that you continue advanced; no point in dropping it (like BLIT2014 said; "it doesn't guarantee that you'll get top marks in Standard").

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)