Low class numbers? (1 Viewer)

yellow7

XD
HSC
Ok. i have another question about my class numbers.

if my classes dont have many people in them (english is my max with about 18), and my ranks are around 1st and 2nd, will that effect the advantages of high ranks?

eg- will my 1st in my extension maths class of 1 ppl be the same as someone from a big school coming first in their ext class of say 50?

and with distance education, do they take the rank for the entire distance class, or the people doing it at my school? im assuming the entire class, since it is external, however im not quite sure.

clarification on these matters would be good

thanks

XD

HSC
i think it'd be the rank out of the entire class.... (with distance ed)

my biggest class has 9 people in it i think, thats my bio class...

and the ranks just mean if you come first in your class you will get the highest hsc mark from your school for that subject as your internal mark... if that makes sense... well thats how i understand it anyway :) i dont think i explained very well though...

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Distance Ed is your entire class.

If you are the only person in your course such as Ext 1 maths, for you this means that whatever your mark in the exam is, that will be your HSC mark no matter what./

ameher

HSC
above 2 posts are correct, to be honest with u ranking first regardless of ur class size, or any others factors is advantageous, so first or second ranks are great, provided you do well in ur externals. i myself have class sizes of 9 ppl, so low class numbers shoulnt concern u as long as u attain the highest possible rank u can get, and if thats first then well done!

HSC
yup... i certainly don't see the point in trying to figure out scaling!

but how the ranks work is pretty simple i reckon

Trajan

HSC
theshortykatt said:
true.
i really dont see the point in screwing my head over scaling, ranks and crap.

if i do my best then thats as much as i can do.

This is probably the best advice you're ever likely to get.

You should really just worry about things you actually have control over like your exam performance.

Worrying about the other stuff will not be to your advantage.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Caitlin63 said:
Distance Ed is your entire class.

If you are the only person in your course such as Ext 1 maths, for you this means that whatever your mark in the exam is, that will be your HSC mark no matter what./
Although it is a curious thought to wonder if they take account your internal MARKS when considering your HSC Moderated Assessment Mark.

I mean, if I was the only one doing 4unit math, I'd bludge the whole year and just rip the external HSC.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Moderated Assessment Mark is based on rank. If you are the only one it will be the exact same as your external exam mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)