Low Mark (1 Viewer)

Stompy11

HSC
Hey, thanks for those inspiriation stories =] The texts I did were Heat and Dust (Set text), The ride of Zhu Bao Sheng (short narrative), and Despair (still image).

-tal-

HSC
If it's less than 1500 words, I might be able to spare 10 mins.

Stompy11

HSC
Did you want me to upload it and link here or PM the ones who wanted the file?

truestar92

HSC
I can take a glance at your essays if you need someone to!
I'd like to advise you not to get an english tutor as they really dont help
I do extention and the only way i got there was improving my writing by practising creative and analytical responses and also reading (it actually helps and expands your vocab) give it a try!

M@ster P

HSC
english tutors help in the sense that you can make them check your work, give you feed back, help you with your school work and give you ideas. However to improve you gotta do the hard yards.

truestar92

HSC
yes. english tutors can do that too
but isnt that what school teachers are meant to do ?? check your work correct you and give advice for improvement
all that matters for english is the hard work, dedication and a teacher to guide you !
How well you go is really up to the individual

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
From what I read...I think that you have the right mentality. Keep pushing that, stay back after class, ask about various ideas/issues, and you should see the results come through.

adnan91

HSC
um getting over 70 uai is preeeetty easy. I got 76 hsc mark for english and 95.25 uai so dont worry to much

Stompy11

HSC
Hey, just waiting for the question and feedback (I kinda forgot the question) and ill upload it. Sorry for wait.

Stompy11

HSC
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

The question was along the lines of : It is not those who attain a sense of belonging or not belonging that are interesting. The interesting ones are those that struggle to attain a sense of belonging.

Then there was a question about use ure set texts and related texts and what not

P.S Ignore the bolded writing in the essay and the msn chat that is good feedback i recieved from someone else.

c-crow1@hotmail.com is the my email. =]

Thanks

HSC
Opps, that was a type I still do english advanced, Ive recently asked by teacher to give me a question a week to answer and then feedback me on it (one question for each part, essay, creative and language) so he will be getting back to me on that one.

That should help a bit hopefully. I am just afraid that my style may get finetuned to his preference rather than that of other teacher.

English is a real bitch ey? Suggestion: Maybe before you write anything down you should plan it out - like dot point what you would like to address etc and keep looking back at the question itself so you don't go totally astray // An english tutor might be good. I had an english tutor, but the fact that she kept taking my notes and I was basically analysing my own stuff whilst she listened, gave me this (false) sense of confidence haha maybe that's what you need. XD

lordesf

HSC
Get an english tutor!

my marks improved from like a 10/15 in essay writing to like 12-13/15.. becuase the tutor helped me udnerstand the trxt more and i started to learn how to "analyse" the text

bored of sc

HSC
Start constant revision/doing all the set work. Re-reading/viewing texts and keeping your written work simple (but adding sophisticated language).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)