Low Marks (1 Viewer)

CSSA SUX ARSE

Guys how do u get these high marks.... seriously

I got 35/50.... dat was the highest.... but i dunno how to break into that 40-45/50 range

malayz_angel

Well my personal secret...

1) You don't do any work until the night before...or even the morning of
2) You take heaps of sugar and caffeine (G.J's iced chocolate with cream and six packs of sugar works wonders...)
3) You do sit next to friends while studying, that are sure to distract you by talking..
4) You do fall asleep in the exam for about five mins but u must wake urself up and remember what ur doing..
5) Slip the teacher a $100

I did everything except the last step. Worked for me :)

malayz_angel

Seriously, I reckon that you should just not stress yourself about it, take it calmly and write a plan for your essays. Structure properly and learn those historians, if nothing else.

Infinite

People get too worired about they school marks. Some teachers mark hard, some easy.

I have never seen any of my history teachers give full marks for anything.

All the marks will be scaled in line after the HSC so dont worry.

Hazo of Smite

Yeah, like, ours was only out of 40, and i did well, but my teacher couldnt tell me quickly enough that if i screw up the exam everyone else will beat me. I believe the expression goes, "She'll be right"

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I have actually come to the realisation that if you remember quotes from historians, extension history isn't the dauntung subject I once thought it to be, quite the opposite actually.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Damn those marks

Don't feel upset about your marks. As others claim, you probably had harsh teachers marking ur exam papers. I haven't done brilliantly in history ext. and actually got scaled down a bit for some reason which really p!#@#! me off :chainsaw:
Just do some practice essays, the questions every year are relatively the same anyway so you can't lose! Btw anyone doing Kennedy? He was an interesting personality to study :). What did everyone else do?

jaNetix

hey S.S....
u wouldent have any notes on cuban missile crisis ay?
i do shlesinger and thomas C. Reeves
but my teach. hasnt got me the chapter on that yet from Shlesinger.......so that could be a prob..
i stuffed the trials coz i did public vs private and man/ myth....and there too similar..
coz im doin public VS. private as well

cheers..

SmokedSalmon

HSC
sorry I don't have any on the computer and I don't have a scanner :p Are you only mentioning two historians? I thought u had to mention more like Seymour Hersh and Sorenson... well that is probably the way my school teaches it. If I type up some in the following weeks (since I have 11 days free to study purely history ext) i'll send u some notes.

jaNetix

well yeah..so far im onli doin 2...
its the 1st time 4 my skool 2 have an ext class...so the teacher could possibly be wrong in telling us only 2....
how many r u spposed 2 have??....

jaNetix

our teach doesnt have the hersh book..i thinks shes got sorenson....i found a book at syd uni, a guy called freedman i think..i mite use him too..

amyb

Looks like i'm the only one doing Australian Convict Women...and gee, isn't it such a wonderful topic...NOT!!!! It's boring as all shit..but yeah, the essays are pretty much the same each year, just prepare an open answer, as in one you can adapt to a statement or to the source, and you'll be right.

How did people go on their Projects? And what did you choose?
I got 20.5/25 for the essay, and my question was:

Assess the causes of the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, and evaluate their significance in relation to the Maoist and New Right power struggle from 1960-65.

Hope i can get 20+ for both of the exam essays...i have a tendency to not go so well in exams...hmmm

HannieStar

Secret to doing well in extension seems to be doing bugger all until the moning of the exam worked for me hahaha!
When I got my trial back I asked the teacher if he was sure that it was my exam he marked ahahahahha

Yeah I agree Ms 12- I think extension is heaps easier than modern- so muc less to remember and its more meaty argument wise- you can use your imagination a bit!

jaNetix

its true i think extension is easier than ancient by heaps!!!
1st of all ur only doin 2 different topics..as opposed to 4 in ancient!!

and u can bring ur own thoughts in ..its mentaly stimulating....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)