Low UAI courses to become a health proffesional (1 Viewer)

farmer123

HSC
hey guys what are some low UAI health courses i could get into with about a <85 uai? im really keen to work hands on with patients, but also do not want to be a nurse. does any one have any suggestions? cheers

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Midwiffery? :p

Here's just a list of thinks you could do just off the top of my head: B. Oral health, to be a dental technician, B. Traditional Chinese medicine to perform accupuncture, etc. Osteopathic medicine offered at SCU, etc. B. Psyc at UWS, Radiography at Usyd/uncle, Speech pathology, etc.

There's a list here: http://www.health.nt.gov.au/Allied_Health/index.aspx

farmer123

HSC
i dont think i could handle the shit from my mates and family if i ever did nursing. i know its old fashioned and there are many male nurses which i personally respect and couldnt care less about gender, but not for me lol

hmm there are a lot of options.. more than i thought ai. whats the workload as compared to like medicine for these courses any one know?

jawasan

HSC
hey hows it going,
well i did nursing and found that it wasnt for me, mind you after 3 years of study so now im doing paramedics, i think this is a course you should consider, it's very hands on and you have much more autonomy than nursing which is what drew me to it (sick of doctors thinking they are gods gift to earth!!). its a very exciting career, and working as a paramedic trust me you will have many interesting stories to tell. you need to be fit and in good medical health as to work as paramedic and for most uni's it's a requirement to pass a medical and fitness test before you can start. the enter needed for Vic uni in st albans (VIC) was around 72 in 2008, but you also have to fill out some other forms online at the uni's website. Goodluck hope this helped :)

farmer123

HSC
hey paramedic sounds like something id really enjoy. ill have a good look into it. thanks allot mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)