Maccas Questions (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Hey,

I want to work at maccas (actually i dont want to, but im poor lol) and i just have a couple of questions. The thing is its a bit far from where I live and im tying ot figure out if its worth it or not.

How much do they pay 18 yr olds? (at my other job im gettin 13.30 p/h, so it cant be any worse than that...can it?)

How long are the shifts generally? Like are they short, 3 hr shifts, or are they like 6 hrs plus?

The job im going for says ill be working daytime, on weekdays, if that is relavant.

Thanks in advance.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
18year olds, will sit on about 12.90

Most Shifts are usually 4/5hrs

managers are arseholes, conditions are crap, and people there are usually stupid. If you need the cash, go for it, its always good to make sime cash!!!

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
~$13 is pretty much average for 18yr olds in the retail/hospitality industry..

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
CieL said:
~$13 is pretty much average for 18yr olds in the retail/hospitality industry..
Telstra stadium pays me $21.50/hour
Paramatta stadium pays me $17.50/hour
Although, i work through an agent.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
what do you do there

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
milocole said:
what do you do there
Cook food and serve customers. It's easy and heaps fun lolz.
Although, i think 17 year olds and under get paid about $12.50/hour

sportylake

HSC
I used to work at mcdonalds, and im telling you, youd be lucky to get employed by them at the age of 18. 18 year olds cost more, and the only 18 year olds i knew working there ha started working there about 3 years back. im pretty sure ud get 13-15 an hour if u did get a job but, yeh, id reccommend trying somewhere else like woolworths or kmart

Fruitsalad

HSC
I started Maccas at 18 and it was my first part time job, so I must've been pretty lucky. :p I get something like 13.34 an hour.

I think for a first job you really can't complain toooo much otherwise you can't work your way up.

CieL

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
How many hours do you get, and do you have work constantly?

iniv

HSC
I"m 18 and am currently working at Maccas- also got the job at the end of the hsc with no work experience- its pretty good place to start, though I'm not sure why you would choose maccas if you already have work experience?

they are generally very willing to take 18 yearolds- esp if you have good availability, though I don't and they still took me
however for people 18 years and over they will only give you week days overnight, or in the time frame 6am-4pm because at any other time they can more cheaply employ little high school kiddies, and they won't give you as many shifts during school holidays (if at all)
but yeah I the people I work with during the day- normal staff (not managers etc) are generally 18 to mid 20s

the pay is 13.25/hour (casual)

and the most common day shift times are 12pm-4pm, 6am-2pm and the dreaded 7am-4pm

edit: I only work one day a week during uni- so I most commonly get 4/6 hours a week, with a 8/9 hour shift once a month or so (which isn't an issue for me, as I don't have much time for work anyway, but if you wanted more hours I'm sure you could easilyask managment)
during the summer hols when I had full avail. and told them I wanted to work up to four days they would generally give 3 short plus one long shift a week

Last edited:

iniv

HSC
chicky_pie said:
They won't hire a 18 year old, that's rare. They use cheap labour, duh
yes yes they will and do- read my above post

during the day over 18 year olds are generally their only choice

though afternoons/weekends forget it- unless you are a very valued/good employee, "in" with management etc, they will give the occasional weekend if you ask for it/they desperately need someone to fill in

kloudsurfer

HSC
It specifically said 'would suit a uni students' and its for the daytime shift, so they are definitely going for someone older there.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I agree, as just quit Maccas after 2years. They do hire the odd Full time, part time 18 year old, and there are some casuals that are 18/19, but when a fresh batch of "crew" come in, there always damn 15year old kids, ARH:D

So over little some little 16yearold bitches!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)