Macq Commerce to UTS Business (1 Viewer)

builder2818

HSC
I am a first year part time student wanting to transfer to UTS business, city campus. Does UTS offer mid year transfers?

If not, and I need to apply to UAC at the end of the year, does anyone know if UTS have any issues with awarding credit points for previous study? Currently doing:
Principle of Management
Marketing Fundamentals

Next semester will be doing:
Accounting 1a
Quantitative methods in Economics, Business and Finance

I don't have a problem with macq it's just that I listed it higher in my preferences and was too late before I realised I wanted to change and I work full time in the city and live near the city and so commuting out to North Ryde and back at night is a b1tch.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
UTS doesn't offer mid-year transfers. You'll have to apply through UAC towards the end of the year sometime.

UTS does award credit points for previous study, however it depends if you've met their requirements.

From your current list, I think you should be credited for Marketing, Accounting and Economics (Im not sure what your management subject involves). Don't quote me on this. You should probably email the UTS student centre and clarify which ones they will credit.

builder2818

HSC
I've noticed now that UTS is offering mid year intakes for its business degree. Does anyone know what the likely number of students they will accept? I applied through UAC last month and made sure I got my preferences in the right order this time.

dizzlemizzle

HSC
I've noticed now that UTS is offering mid year intakes for its business degree. Does anyone know what the likely number of students they will accept? I applied through UAC last month and made sure I got my preferences in the right order this time.
Pretty sure the business degree they're offering for mid year intake is at the Kuring gai campus, not city campus unfortunately.

dizzlemizzle

HSC
How are you so sure? Because I rang them several times confirming that they definitely do not offer it for mid year intake at city.

builder2818

HSC
Go to UAC and check it out. I spoke to them yesterday as well to see how many places they were making available for next semesters intake.

dizzlemizzle

HSC
lol just rechecked the mid year admissions list on UAC, its definitely just the kuring gai one buddy...

converge

HSC
N/A
Seems like two people might not be suited to university if you can't research a simple task like looking for university courses. To make it a little easier for you, click this link and read VERY CAREFULLY:

http://www4.uac.edu.au/wap/ug12-mya.aspx?course_code=&method=all&keywords=business&uais=&university=University+of+Technology+Sydney&mode=P
Mate there is no need to launch a personal attack.

Looking at the link you have supplied, I am totally with you.

However, I am looking at this document http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/undergraduate/table-of-courses.pdf

Have you seen it yet? It says only B of Business at UTS in Kuring-gai is offered for mid-year admission.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)