Macquarie university good and negativess. (1 Viewer)

HSC
hii
i would like to know along the business/commerce/finance side ,
is MAQ one of the great unis for those??

also the positives and negatives of that uni.

thanxxx.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
they try to be one of the bass-ass univeristy, try to compete with the likes oa UNSW and sydney to get thier reputation up, so they mark exams extremely hard.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
if u want good marks goto UTS, they hand out DN's like its christmas

HSC
i heard MAQ is ranked higher than UTS.

the offer are about to be made anways, i thnk ill stick with MAQ, i think its better than UTS.

peter2

Banned
HSC
the uni is a joke. They rarely hand out Ds and HDs and they even rank the fucking people with their marks in a score to hand out the D's etc. For example, I might have obtained 90/100 but 30% of other people obtained 95/100, then they will obtain the D and HD's whilst I only obtain a credit since the fuckers only let a certain no. of people get D's and HD's. I can nameee sooo manyyyy negatives about this piece of crap university. A credit at Macquarie is like a Distinction at any other university in terms of difficulty.

HSC
there is crap at every university peter2.

im sure ppl sayng stuff about mAQ is from either USYD/UTS/UNSW??

DaGizza

HSC
Lol I think every uni scales its courses so only a certain % of students get HD's and D's. And it is not impossible to get high grades in Mac. I got 4 HD's and 4 D's in my first year.

MJ-47

HSC
Positives:
  1. ppl are very nice (alot more than some other uni's iv'e visited)
  2. excellent social atmosphere
Negatives:
  1. transport (the train station is behind schedule)
  2. the uni is really spread out meaning alot of walking (common in all uni's)
  3. quite hard to achieve d's or Hd's as they only can give a set number
ok hope that helps a bit :wave:

HSC
why not unsw for commerce? unless ur doing accounting/actuary?

nahh didnt get in the 90s so yehh, besides i like the course im doing app finance/accounting.

actuarial seems like a blastt lol

aswell UNSW, is farr off from trains and stuff, and i live in the central coast, so yeh im not planning to live in kingsenton, i rather travel by train and short form of bus, as MAQ has kinda the full package for that in a way,

peter2

Banned
HSC
I think it is pretty obvious that I do go to MAC. Why the fuck would I mention all this if I didn't go to MAC???? Moron

X

xeuyrawp

is mac good for international studies?
Depends entirely on what language you want to do (as that sort of forms the central basis of your entire degree). There are heaps of threads about it around, but post in the MQ forum if you have any Qs.

HSC
Depends entirely on what language you want to do (as that sort of forms the central basis of your entire degree). There are heaps of threads about it around, but post in the MQ forum if you have any Qs.
yeah i know i've already seen those.. but my question was more on the marking
is it just the business/commerce etc courses which are marked hard or is it generally a university wide thing?

peter2

Banned
HSC
It is university wide since MAC uses the SNG (Standard Numerical Grade) which I absolutely love NOT lol. anyways just picture Mac as the HSC again in terms of competing with each other and not just competing with yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)