Major Project Results (1 Viewer)

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
Henry Kendall High School's

Software Design and Development handed in their major works on the 30th of May, 2008 and recieved their results today.

I got 57 out of 60

I'm quite happy with my results, has anyone received their marks back yet?

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
Yeah, I thought ours was a bit early, however our ipt major is due on the 25th of july and a lot of people do both courses so there needed to be a gap.

billy1990

HSC
LOL

you guys doin the assignment hahahaha lol my teacher sees it as pointless so we aint doin it

Salam

mrpet3rr

HSC
WTF AT U ALL

we just got our major project 2 weeks ago lulz
ours due next term.

for our ipt we had 4 weeks to do it T_T

jonaxiang

HSC
LOL. Im basically screwed. Mine is due in like 3 weeks and i cant get the coding working! i wish Software was just all theory cause i suck big time when it comes to practical:(

live.fast

HSC
N/A
There are code-specific forums all over the internet you know. I remember posting up an 'URGENT HELP NEEDED' thread in one of them for my Visual Basic Major Project, and I ended up getting alot of useful (and much needed!) responses.

A hint though; when you sign up for an account to those forums, sign up as a GIRL. You tend to get about a million or so more people wanting to help you out lolll and yes, I know, it's weird, but whatever, this is the HSC! Take advantage of it. :)

jonaxiang

HSC
live.fast said:
There are code-specific forums all over the internet you know. I remember posting up an 'URGENT HELP NEEDED' thread in one of them for my Visual Basic Major Project, and I ended up getting alot of useful (and much needed!) responses.

A hint though; when you sign up for an account to those forums, sign up as a GIRL. You tend to get about a million or so more people wanting to help you out lolll and yes, I know, it's weird, but whatever, this is the HSC! Take advantage of it. :)
Haha. What did you end up doing for your major work last year? My teacher has stated that documentation is a crucial part of this major project and yeah its pretty important and im pretty good at that sorta stuff. Only problem is how long and detailed a program should be in terms of coding. Would it be recommended to go over 1000 lines of code or just keep it in the 400s-600s area cause my program is like a loan calculator;) and looking from vb net forums, its pretty easy to build in just like 100 lines or so which makes it a tad harder to document many the various modules involved in program compared to another student who may be doing a game :(..

Also, just a random question but it was stated on the project brief "Students are to design a software solution to a problem or a need" and my teacher has stated that educational programs appeal to him more. Would that mean you'll get marked down if you did a game?lol

Last edited:

fiSHtITS

Cynical Member
HSC
I'd make something educational if it appeals more to your teacher. Get in his/her good books and you may get marked better. My teacher let me do a game because it met the need of 'entertainment' :D

jonaxiang

HSC
fiSHtITS said:
I'd make something educational if it appeals more to your teacher. Get in his/her good books and you may get marked better. My teacher let me do a game because it met the need of 'entertainment' :D
Hahaha. He mentions i am excellent at Project work programming which is so ironic ;). Anyhow i handed in my project with documentation in today; mainly focused on the doc part more from what people have been saying here. I did a a pretty simple mortgage calculator but a few days prior he sneakily had a look and commented how good looking and useful it looked and that he might use it for future reference lol. Hopefully i'll get 80%+ :)

phr0z3n

HSC
Seriously, you public school idiots do the simplest projects and get 60/60.

Your teacher knows nothing about quality.

DJel

HSC
phr0z3n said:
Seriously, you public school idiots do the simplest projects and get 60/60.

Your teacher knows nothing about quality.
How ignorant and narrow-minded can you be? There is nothing wrong with the quality of major works coming out of the public system.

BlazifeX

HONK HONK
HSC
Got our results back the other day.. 100% yeahhh.

And @ phr0z3n, there's no need to be jealous that our works are better than yours even though you pay more for your education.

Last edited:

jonaxiang

HSC
Im a bit suprised at the marks received so far... To have gotten 39s out of 40s or 59/60s must have been pretty hard. Anywayz, im getting my marks back for the major project on monday. Doubt my teacher will hand out marks as high as that cause his a tightass:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)