Major Work Stumble... (1 Viewer)

Squidley

HSC
Ive started a short story, it could go far, only problem is, it isnt what I want to do. What I wanted to do, the teacher suggested I dont because it would get too intense, which I can understand, but now Im meant to be writing a short detective story, which I suck at hardcore.
Im quickly losing motivation and want to stab my teacher in the eye, also because I suck at journalling!!!!!

So heres the thing. A mate suggested yesterday I do what I want. (woah, big suggestion)
What I was thinking, was changing the form of the story. See, Im confident in writing descriptive writing (see attachment) so I thought, instead of writing a shitty story, I write a story, using those kinds of writings as journal entries, whilst keeping a theme/story running through it.
I could incorporate Individual & the Society VERY easily, and even possibly 'Telling the Truth" (which is what Ive already incorporated with my crime story).

Only problem is...
I dont know if I should. Ive not got terribly long, but I feel I could write it so much easier if it was what I wanted!

Help me out, give me opinions, tell me if you think the attachment is good enough, if you wana see more, tell me, Ill put up some more...
But I dont know if I shoud take that leap into the possible ravaging by my teacher...

L0RDW3SS3X

HSC
Wow.

I liked it!
(p.s. procrastinating, please ignore the following ranting)
Interesting perspective/persona(?), stalker-ish, although wanting to know where you're going with this though... is it an opening through 'eyes of a killer', self-reflection or what? it's mad tho...
don't know what else to say, but post more up and procrastinators like me will read =]
p.s. don't stab in the eye, at least stab in a place where it's not too obvious...

-jacQues

bigwillz

Bigwillz
HSC
N/A
I did 4 u eng last year, and did a short story which is now being listed for publishing by puffin so these are my thoughts. When writing teh 4u short story you have to remember one thing, at the end of the day is your work, coherant, articulate, innovative, and most importantly engaging (theres heaps of others, these are the main ones) . i like teh idea of a journal, journals always go well, explore with tences and perspective, but dont let the story decend into a monotinous monolouge of any sort, esp one of teen agst, romance, or extreme emotion, make it balanced, witty, clean, and interesting, and dont try and be too topical or make too much of a social commantary. hope you do well, send more when you have the ball rolling. othereise your idea is good.

Squidley

HSC
Ive talked to my teacher!
What Im doing is a combination of a series of articles about a crime, and also a series of journal entries, delving into the mind of the criminal themself, which means I can use the journal entries and style of writing i actually like!

Latest piece, not sure when Ill put it in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)