Major Works (1 Viewer)

Ishmael

Wow, that was a good effort.

Remember though, before you take that advice, it all depends on who marks it, and the weather outside, and any relationship problems the marker is having, and what time of day it is, and how disgruntled they are and... *stops* : >

Ish

PsychoSuperchic

im glad its ova, i had trials and ext history and ext 2 english major works, ALL DUE AT THE SAME TIME!!! aaarrrgggghhh stress mode i was in! anyways my topis was- Robin Hood: Man or Myth?
Exploring the appropriations of the Nottingham Legend through contemporary film literature and their usefulness as historical sources.
Yeah it was good cos i liked it but the WORST thing happened...i saved it all on disk to print at skool cos my printer stuffed up and i lost the disc, only to find out it wasnt saved on my hard drive at all!!!!!!!! :eek: I thought i was doomed, i got another essay and source analysis done in ONE week, before my trials, which meant i didnt study much for trials and have rooted my hsc for now!
Yeah sorry guys, i was and still am very annoyed at my sttopid self...still waiting for marks:(

|YaKuZa|EyEz On

Project Name

Yeah guys i had that Stressfull night before too! fuck was it bad!
i did gExplain the meanings and discuss the concepts and origins of Samurai and Bushido code, then relate these concepts towards the modern Japanese Soldier and Leader during World War 2 and show evidence to support that the Japanese soldier treated enemy prisoners exploiting Samurai and Bushido traditions."

you peple who ext his your projects sound very interesting! its a great diversity of topics

Peakin@Bondi

Major Project

I've done quite a lot of research for mine, and its due next monday so it should be aiight...
Im doing history of gangsters, with primary focus on Al Capone. Im doing the ways in which he has been interpreted through film, and discussing whether he was man/myth... An invented ganster for society to idolyze or an anti-social criminal. Its a pretty interesting topic...

Peakin@Bondi

Major Project

Thanx.. Yeah the original scarface was about capone
The remake of the movie in the 80s which waz fukn maddd was based on Capone except modernized.... Instead of imigrant from Italy, he was immigrant from Cuba... Instead of dealing alcahol (capone) scarface waz dealin coke

fluke

i did:
was the decision to bomb Hiroshima a purely military one?

VERY interesting, very glad i did it

Arch-man

I did "At what point does historical bias become historical distortion - an invesitgation on how the Pacific War is being taught in schools"

I got 22/35 for it, NOT HAPPY, because I came last out of all those in my class who handed it in, 2 didn't hand it in.

All the teachers who had a look at it before I finished gave conflicting advice, one said not to make a controversial conclusion, the other said to, but they all gave it an A.

Also, I was the only one who handed it in on time! It was due in before the end of Term 2, and I handed mine in on the Friday, the rest sent it off early in Term 3.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Arch-man

I did "At what point does historical bias become historical distortion - an invesitgation on how the Pacific War is being taught in schools"

I got 22/35 for it, NOT HAPPY, because I came last out of all those in my class who handed it in, 2 didn't hand it in.

All the teachers who had a look at it before I finished gave conflicting advice, one said not to make a controversial conclusion, the other said to, but they all gave it an A.

Also, I was the only one who handed it in on time! It was due in before the end of Term 2, and I handed mine in on the Friday, the rest sent it off early in Term 3.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

bluu

major work

anton my man, i did something similar to youexcept it was i think based on pure luck than skill

"HIstorians fabricate the myth of French threats to the British in Australia between 1788-1810"

I raked in 40/40 for it
but i definitley agree that it was based on pure luck and the anomilies of the marker's mood that determined my mark.

If any future year 12 history extension should stumble onto another piece of advice then it has to be this:

write your essay before you write the question.
that way, it seems like you know what you're talking about instead of rolling off into a deep blue sea infested with the sharks of convolution.

ciao.

Anton

HSC
Gotta' love that bluu. Well done!

By the way, there should be a website with everyone's major works on them. I really do want to read a lot of them (the one on Hiroshima sounds really interesting, as does the one on gangsters, and there are heaps more I can't remember because I'm so tired right now). Anyone up for making a website with all the major works on them? Yes? Yes?

Anton

JEEBUS

for my project, i did 'how and why is the holocaust denied?'
and ours was due on the second day back of term 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)