making up stats, cases, media in legal essay? (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Depends how obvious it is. The less obvious less likely you will get caught

Best not to lie

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Of course it's not okay to make stuff up. Seriously.

Just go learn some real ones. It's not that hard.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
For one of my crime essays i've got 8 legit articles/cases and 4 made up seeing i couldn't find any that related to what i wanted to say. It has worked in both the trials and marked by three teachers who havent noticed. So... if you only make up a few and not all of them, go for it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
It's not that hard to find whether a case is made up or real. A lot of the markers have been teaching/marking for years on end - so they'd know whether something is made up or not.

igootuwantboi

HSC
For one of my crime essays i've got 8 legit articles/cases and 4 made up seeing i couldn't find any that related to what i wanted to say. It has worked in both the trials and marked by three teachers who havent noticed. So... if you only make up a few and not all of them, go for it.
this is what I mean, its not that I'm too lazy to learn real ones, more that they don't exist/are too hard to find. So I have majority of real cases and articles and then a few made up ones, or altered the meaning of a few media articles to fit my arguments. And also it would be impossible for all markers to know EVERY MEDIA ARTICLE AND CASE, even if they have been marking for years. It could be from this year?

gunat61

HSC
lol my friend makes up everything except key legislation and cases and she does way better than me .... i don't make anything up. it also depends how confidently you write imo.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
this is what I mean, its not that I'm too lazy to learn real ones, more that they don't exist/are too hard to find. So I have majority of real cases and articles and then a few made up ones, or altered the meaning of a few media articles to fit my arguments. And also it would be impossible for all markers to know EVERY MEDIA ARTICLE AND CASE, even if they have been marking for years. It could be from this year?
If you were to use 4 or 5 fake ones surrounded by sound knowledge of real legislation and other well known cases and articles you will be fine trust me. If a marker sees you introduce real pieces of legislation and real cases they know then they will not be bothered to check and you will shape their perception into thinking they exist anyway.

gunat61

HSC
i don't think james ruse even offers legal studies (probably scale the school down?? :p) so dunno what he's on about haha

jamesruserox

small member
HSC
i don't think james ruse even offers legal studies (probably scale the school down?? :p) so dunno what he's on about haha
You see, stupidity goes hand in hand with cheating.
I'm just trying to advise someone against it.
And then they attack me for going to a certain school.
Do I need to do a specific subject to advise people within that subject not to cheat?
I think not.

jamesruserox

small member
HSC
And I agree, hence why I NEVER SAID JAMES RUSE OFFERS LEGAL l0l

i think they call it

reading?
Well, good sir, it is indeed called reading. Perhaps you should participate in it. It can be quite fun at times.

I was not talking to you. Hence why I quoted gunat61.

Please stop now before you make a bigger fool of yourself.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Pathetic and lazy. But who cares right? So long as you get the marks, that's what it's all about after all...

HSC
Uni Grad
I know I'm probably going to get shot down for this, but making up cases and media reports in legal is better then using real ones. So long as they are realistic and represent accurate law, a marker will never be able to tell. Also, by making them up, you can better mould them to suit your response. In my exam, 75% of my cases and media reports were fakes, and I still got a band 6. The two guys in my class who got a band 6 (one got 96) used fake cases and I know many others who have scored well using phoneys. Like one legal marker told me, as long as its plausible and represents the law, they will never know.

Legislation on the other hand shouldnt be faked because it is too obvious.
I even made up a facebook comment by a friend of mine stating that world order is extremely hard to achieve due to so many conflicting interests in countries. :p

My teacher even ticked it because it was actually relevant to what I was saying. (It was part of reflection of societal values)

Although tbh I often don't make up stuff on the spot unless if I really have to.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)