Making Vista Ultimate faster (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Is there a way to shorten the boot up time before the OS is loaded, the black screen with the whole bios and screen of what HDD your computer has and etc, is there a way to hide it / remove the time it shows on booting your PC so you could make Vista start up faster?

dp624

HSC
bios etc is neccessary for pretty much every os

to decrease boot times, get a faster hard disk or clear some bloat off the current one

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Defrag your drive?

Why would anyone complain anyways? My boot up is next to none existent and im running vista.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i downloaded this thingo called TuneUp Utilities 2009, and it turns off anything that starts up at startup thats unnecessary, and does a whole heap of good stuff.

look out for a torrent, or buy it.

or just get a fast computer, mine starts up really quick, coz my laptop's awesome.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Is there a way to shorten the boot up time before the OS is loaded, the black screen with the whole bios and screen of what HDD your computer has and etc, is there a way to hide it / remove the time it shows on booting your PC so you could make Vista start up faster?
Here's how to make Vista faster:
Step 1) Install XP
Optional Step 2) Install Ubuntu

Woteva636

HSC
Just tell your computer to hibernate- taht way when you turn it back on it boots up in a fraction of the time and when its ready it is exactly the way it was before you left it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
if i was you i would tommorrow night, go to the windows 7 website and download the release candidate, install it ,then when windows 7 comes out get the final release

I have been using the windows 7 beta and even that is better then vista
That's cos Windows 7 is Vista optimised

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
If the hardware can support the OS then there's no problems, im running vista and it runs smoothly.

The same debate arose with Win 2000 to Win XP, everyone was complaining about the amount of bugs and lack of support and then after SP3-4 was released everyone was happy.

Same thing is happening now, just MS managed to pump out a new OS quicker then usual.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Vista 7 is basically Microsoft taking on board all of the millions of complaints about vista and fixing them. Aside from the new look and features it's not much more than a service pack for vista. I hope it doesnt cost as much as vista did on release =/

2S1D3

HSC
vista 7 is basically microsoft taking on board all of the millions of complaints about vista and fixing them. Aside from the new look and features it's not much more than a service pack for vista. I hope it doesnt cost as much as vista did on release =/
qft

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
for some reason 7-beta version (64bit) didnt run as fast as vista ultimate 32bit (i got 4gigs ram and a 64bit compatible CPU), and i'd rather not try checking again since it involves me reinstalling drivers and games, tedious process etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)