making your windowsxp look cooler (windowblinds..etc) (1 Viewer)

sladehk

le random
HSC
i was wondering if there were programs out there where you could improve the look of your computer theme and etc... like windowsblind and stylexp and if there were any free alternatives?

maskd

HSC
I hate styles for Windows, I choose the classic theme, all the flashy crap annoys the hell out of me :\

sladehk

le random
HSC
wait OSX can run on an non-Mac computer right?

sladehk

le random
HSC
wait OSX can run on an non-Mac computer right?

sladehk

le random
HSC
i think it was quite expensive stand alone anyway

iamsickofyear12

HSC
There are some alienware themes you can download for free. There are about 4 or 5 of them and they have icons and everything. (www.alienware.com)

There are plenty of good programs (Windows Blinds, Style XP, Icon Packager, ObjectDock) but they all cost money. Of course it is possible to download the cracked versions through torrents but I can't recommend you do that.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i use TuneUp. it has a fair few features such as registry cleaning/defragging aswell a few dozen premade windows themes.

its shareware with a 30 day trial, but its pretty easily to find a working cd key on the net.

korrupt samurai

Sneaker Addict
HSC
I recommend BricoPack, google it or something. it patches all the systems icons and stuff in control panels and anything thats stock windows. It doesn't need an external program to run and there are various packs ranging from vista longhorn and even a mac and linux look alike.

dartm2

HSC
I've been using "vista transformation pack" (free - think thats the one i have....hmmmm) for a couple of weeks now, and really like it. It has alot more extensive changes to what i have seen (not just the colours and a few icons) the shapes of some of the windows and bars change, you can have see through windows, Uses lots of blacks and silvers, and is based on the new version of windows.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)