Man run over by train at Guildford St (1 Viewer)

Tofu.Dull.Full

A friend of mine was on the train yesterday 7th Sep between 6.15-6.30pm and a "person" was run over by a train. She heard ppl screaming and she felt a bump. the train was stationed at Guildford for quite. Did any1 heard about this , it wasnt on the news because it might be a suicide and they dont get reported. Any1 heard about this incident??

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It happens all the time. Its so common that its not newsworthy.

Z_Nizzle

HSC
it happened at east hills station when i was in yr 10....the train ran over sum dude at night....it was one of them loooooong ass trains that go interstate...no one noticed untill school morning...and lot of the school kids saw it.

X

xeuyrawp

Deus said:
It happens all the time. Its so common that its not newsworthy.
I think it's also because of the assumption linked with it- I'm sure a huge percentage of those run over by trains are 1. suicide victims, or 2. drugged/drunk.

gordo said:
wouldn't the train derail if it ran over a person
You tell us, Mr. Aeronautical man:p! But, I don't think so. If you look at the wheels, they are quite thin and sharp, not to mention the fact that a whole carriage is supported by 4 groups of two wheels, so a lot of weight and the reasonable speed would mean that a person gets sliced though.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
How great would it be if they implemented their suicide away from the public. Even in death they seek attention for why else would they do it in such a public location. Such people are a nuisance, even in death.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Komaticom said:
The train's wheels and the weight of the carriage would cut through a person's torso like a hot knife through butter.
hmm lllovvveely....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)