Manly DART P's Test (1 Viewer)

Danmiff

HSC
hey all
i know there are a lot of p's threads, but none seem to have info i was lookin for..
so just a couple of questions that mayb u cud answer cuz im goin for my ps very soon
so...
how long is the test?

where abouts do you do your reverse parallel park (if you do one at all)? like is it one a quiet street or busy or at the RTA itself?

How strict are markers about speeding?

Does everyone do a park where its at a right angle to the curb - both reverse and frontways?

any answers would be great cuz im pretty nervous, and the test is quite soon- next few days.
thankshttp://community.boredofstudies.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

CieL

HSC
Good questions.

I did the "older" version of the DART [not at Manly].. but I guess some would still apply..

The reverse parallel park was on a quiet street. One of those roads with no marked lines at all and wide enough to fit 3 cars side by side.

I think they're quiet strict about speeding. I seem to remember a few people in this forum who did fail due to speeding.. altho I don't think they specify by how much.. But seriously, how hard is it to keep to the speed limit [and school zone limits if applicable] for like half an hour?

Uh I've never heard of the RTA doing right angle parking [Has anybody else?]... I've heard of people doing 45 degree parking though... but this is rarely tested as there's not a lot of places with 45 degree marked lines

But you'll be fine. I rocked up a few hours early and stalked a few L plates doing their DART.. They all took a different route.. I never followed one for long because it got a bit obvious lol but I did go off to find some random cars to park around.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
-they say the new test is 40 minutes, but i would say it's about 30 really. it goes very quickly though.

-reverse park is on a quiet street.

-they're very strict about speeding. a couple of my driving instructor's students failed for going a few km over the limit. keep an eye on your speed at all times and make sure you stay a bit under, just in case you unconsciously speed up. (if you accidentally edge over the limit for a few seconds and the testing officer is in a good mood, they might use a bit of discretion and just deduct a point for speed management rather than failing you. but they are within their rights to fail you if you speed at all, so make sure you don't do it.)

-right-angle parking isn't in the test. the manoeuvres will be two or three of: reverse parallel park, kerbside stop, hill start and 3-point turn. they tell you which ones you'll be doing at the start of the test.

Danmiff

HSC
thanks very much CieL and Triangulum for clearing that up for me and so quickly too...
that was great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)