marked @ the mark centre or @ skool? (1 Viewer)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Just wondering if the class of 05 are getting their works marked @ the marking centre or whether the markes are coming to your school this year?
We were lucky last year the markers travelled to the schools last year which was good coz we got to spend time on our BOW's rather than packing :)which is always good!

soso

HSC
N/A
Does this mean you worked past the september date that the BoS sets as the final date for working on your body of work?

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
soso said:
Does this mean you worked past the september date that the BoS sets as the final date for working on your body of work?
Naughty naughty. Sounds like it doesn't it Soso. Eh. I don't care. Ended up beating Champ_Sammy...and I finished on the day it was supposed to be finished on.

soso

HSC
N/A
It doesn't matter really but different schools have differen rules when they are supposed to be the same. Not the students fault but some students have it harder than others

winicat

HSC
depending on the "medium" you use (ie painting, sculptor, photos, COW) depends on where your work is marked. certain mediums are marked at the marking centre (like, your cliched news vision of paintings as well as photos - usually) but stuff like the COWs get marked at your school .... i don't see why that division of marking would change dramatically from year to year. basically just ask your teacher where it's being sent and check out packaging, etc. well in advance to due date

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Skillo said:
Naughty naughty. Sounds like it doesn't it Soso. Eh. I don't care. Ended up beating Champ_Sammy...and I finished on the day it was supposed to be finished on.
Um.... excuse me I was finished a wk and a half b4 the deadline.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
soso said:
no, if we had to send them to the marking centre we would have had to stop working on them a wk or so b4 the BOS deadline so we could pack the works. Getting them marked at skool means that you can work right up to the deadline.

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
The markers come to our school every year and mark our BOWs if they are anything but photography/video.... They come on the day that our BOWs are due...

soso

HSC
N/A
All students are supposed to stop the day the BOS says so. This is the same date for works sent away as works marked at school. Students are not supposed to work on past the date and your supervising teacher is supposed to make sure this doesn't happen.

Many schools are visited by the markers but not all schools can be visited on the day you are supposed to stop. So many schools are visited up to a week or 2 weeks after the due date.

As you can see students do work on past the set date without even knowing they are doing the wrong thing. I never see anyone saying they did though.

soso

HSC
N/A
Had a look at the board of studies site. Last day you can work on BOW is August 28. Itinerent marking (going out to schools) starts 24 October.

Now I might misunderstand here but if you worked up until the day the markers came that would give almost 8 weeks more than if you stopped in august. Correct me if I am wrong please.

The intinerent markers can't come out sooner because they mark at the marking centre first and this gives them the standard they are marking to. The also use sample images.

eshi

shy
HSC
Well last year our works were marked at school....except for a few that had to be sent out because of their medium. We had to finish on the set date and then they were locked away until the markers came...:)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
If only the HSC was fair, and if only there were everyone doing the right thing. What a great world that would be.

soso

HSC
N/A
In the northern territory I believe they have school based assessment rather than a public exam. Does anyone know? I think QLD also

Alvinate7

I think that the marking place changes every 2 yars. For my school, the markers will visits the school every 2 years, with the exception of some medium which will have to be sent to the marking centre.

We had the markers visiting the school last year, so we have to send them this year. Just last week my teacher asked me to put what medium that i am intending to do and the number of pieces that i will have for them to estimate how much space they will need to send the work to the marking centre. I put down 20, but i have no idea at all.

Last edited:

soso

HSC
N/A
despite being in Sydney my school has never had teacher/markers visit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)