marks for transfering (1 Viewer)

hotpot

HSC
Hey, im studying radiography at usyd and was wondering wat type of marks i need to to transfer into first year med next year.
Does anyone know or has anyone been in my position before? just a rough idea will do...
btw i got 192 in umat last year and uai of 97.35, and im unsure how the uai will have an effect. :bomb:

Antler

Custom User Title
HSC
Where to transfer and is that 192 percentiles or 192 scaled score?

Antler

Custom User Title
HSC
That should easily get you an interview at newcastle and then the rest is up to you I believe. For UNSW try for a GPA of 7, probably your best bet.

joe_rulez37

HSC
With those scores you didn't get into med last year?!?!

Did you get any interview offers last year? if so, how many?

hotpot

HSC
i had no problem getting the interviews next year
...umm whats a GPA? im only first year uni and im still very confused... :confused:

hotpot

HSC
ks, thanks.... umm one more Q... :D
I just got back my midsemesters and i got one 83 and one 84 making both of them D's... and so would they look at the marks or just hte ranking ie D and HD? i mean... is there some special scaling to make sure that different courses/unis mark their students equally? :mad1:

hotpot

HSC
i got interviews at newcsatle and unsw last year, and i also applied for interstate last year and got a couple... cant remember which ones cuz wasnt that interested in leaving...
hmm =/ think monash and... adelaide?... and another one... cant remember the name...

geez... just getting into med is so hard... :jaw:

joe_rulez37

HSC
Cool thanks. Were you a rural entry student? Do you think your interview stuffed you up? Why not do umat again this year and try getting in the "easier" way?

hotpot

HSC
not rural... i liked all the interviews APART from unsw and their pyscho-analytical Qs... and cbb redoing doing anymore 3 hrs tests :p ie the umat

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
i liked all the interviews APART from unsw and their pyscho-analytical Qs...
I think UNSW prob has the fairest interview process since they don't ask questions like what your view on abortion or how would you manage...etc which some students could have an advantage if they're parents were doctors.

name_disclosed

HSC
funnybunny said:
I think UNSW prob has the fairest interview process since they don't ask questions like what your view on abortion or how would you manage...etc which some students could have an advantage if they're parents were doctors.
none of the other unis asked those questions either

btw, who are you funnybunny?

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
really?...i thought they did?..but they do ask other types of questions where you read a passage and prepare an answer..assuming it's med related then obviously the ppl mentioned earlier would benefit....
but then again,,mayb unsw doesnt have a very effective interview since ALOT of people have 1 or 2 parents as doctors.

the question is my "friend," who are you?...don't bother answering that cause i dont think it matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)