marks over 95, hrm (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hrm

Yes, I've been on the forums long enough to know how annoying these types of questions are, but I'd like to ask anyway.

Would anyone have an approximate idea as to the raw marks needed to get over 95 (scaled/aligned) in the externals?

I need to know if it is possible for me, cause if it isn't I might as well concentrate on another topic.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
nnooo
in the EXTERNALS.

the school has nothing to do with external marks

johnmayer

63% in the catholic trial??

I got this mark in the catholic trial and am unsure as to how this would rank up against fellow catholic trial completing students.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I did this in 2002, and I estimated my raw mark was somewhere in the low 80's (I didnt do the essays as well as I felt I could've), and I got an aligned HSC mark of 91

There's no hard facts on what raw marks get what, you just have to do the best you can and hope for the best

mashi

Elite
HSC
if u want to get above 95 aligned i wud say 90+ in exam raw.

i got 92.5 in my trials and got 95 aligned from my school and they are pretty damn accurate.

i-color

Your external marks actually do depend on your school marks as well as the rest of your school.

One of the teachers at my school told us that your external marks depend on what your school gets overall in that subject...and something about your rankings...so if you want to get high marks in external, make sure everyone else in your school who does that subject do well too...

Your marks pretty much depend on your ranking...both within the school and outside. I was ranked 4th in my school for eco, and got a internal assessment mark of 97....my hsc mark was 98.....and so overall hsc mark was 98 (average of my internal & external mark)

aditya

HSC
nah i-color i think ur getting confused with moderated marks... or ur final hsc mark... hes just talking about the final hsc exam...

like ur 98 had nothing to do with ur internal mark.... ur internal mark was just moderated up because u did better in the final.... and holly shit u got 97 for school assesment! omg that is totally freaky...

i-color

hmm i so remember my teacher saying how your hsc exam mark is still influenced by your internal ranking and stuff.....it's so complicated. haha but they gave me good marks so it's all good. hehehe.

and aditya, if i didn't get 97 in internal i would never have gotten 98 for final hsc mark! cos i got like 90 then my overall final hsc mark would have been like 94...since it's average of your hsc mark and internal mark. The person who came first in eco in my school got internal of 98!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
The HSC exam mark is the HSC exam mark. You keep it regardless of your internal ranking. It's the assessment mark that is the tricky one.

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
it goes like this: you work thru the year on internal assessments (assignments, half yearly, trial, speeches etc) and get an ASSESSMENT MARK. Then you do the HSC external exam in november or wateva and get an HSC mark and then say ur whole class does way better in the hsc than the internal assessment marks, they take an average of the 2 but its closer to the hsc mark. eg. assessment mark=85 hsc mark=95 then MODERATED mark =93 and then they scale it according to the subjects scale weighting. im pretty sure thats how it goes except i dunno if they scale it before or after they average the 2 marks :S.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
i-color, did anyone get 99 in the exam itself from your school?
if not, then that person who came 1st got your exam mark as her internal mark (remember, 1st ranked person gets the top exam mark from your cohort)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
matt f64: BOS doesnt scale anything, it only aligns raw marks to band's...UAC scales raw marks for the UAI. For more details visit the FAQ on this site, or the HSC/UAI forums here.

i-color

Um Minai, no I got the highest mark in my school for eco of 98 exam mark...and my internal assessment mark was 97...

The person who came first internally got either 97 or 98 for the internal mark, and exam mark of 96 or 97.....final hsc mark was 97.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)