Mashed food for your face (1 Viewer)

HSC
A while ago I was browsing SMH's beauty blog and I came across these recipes. I've only tried the banana and honey one (it was good) but I don't know how effective the others would be. Some of them seem too expensive to be mashed up and smothered on my face e.g. strawberries and they can get quite messy. So, what do you think of them, and if you've tried some, were they worth the mess?

By the way, if you are going to try them, have a tissue box beside you, a towel under your head and one around your face. Also, some of them could get watery so I think you'd have to drain them first (grated cucumber). You may also look a tiny bit ridiculous when you're lying down with regurgitated food bits on your mug, so I advise you to make sure you're safely tucked away somewhere where no one may witness you in your "questionable" state.

For dry skin ...
AVOCADO MASH ... Mush up 1/2 a ripe avocado and mix it with 1/4 cup honey. The unsaturated fatty acids in the avo will stimulate your skin's natural production of oils. (And the honey adds extra moisture.) After 10 minutes your skin will feel like velvet.

STRAWB SPECIAL ... Apply mushed strawberries all over your face. They contain salicylic acid, which helps skin shed dead cells, allowing it to absorb moisture more effectively. Incidently, dentists say that rubbing strawberries across your teeth can make them whiter.

For oily skin ...
CUCUMBER + EGG EXTRA ... Mix 1/2 grated cucumber with 1 egg white and a splash of lemon juice and pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes. Smother on your face and leave for 15 mins. This mix is super cleansing and invigorating, and the egg white will dry out any extra oil.

For blemished skin ...
TOMATO TREAT ... Grate a whole tomato and mix it with a tbs of quick oats and a tbs of lemon juice. Concentrate especially on the blotchy bits of your skin and leave for 10 minutes before wiping off with a warm face cloth. This mask is a fabulous cleanser and you'll end up with a wonderfully even complexion, and firmer skin too.

PEAR PERFECT ... Mash up a soft pear and apply it all over your face, focusing on red, rosy or blotchy bits. Pears are a great source of sorbitol, a humectant that leaves skin super smooth, soothed and blemish free.

For tired + stressed skin ...
BANANA BENDER ... Bananas are great for dry, tired skin because they are rich in potassium and vitamin A. Mash a really ripe banana and mix in just a little honey. Smooth over skin and leave for 15 minutes. You'll be left with wonderfully hydrated, silken skin.

CUCUMBER COOLER ... Plain grated cucumbers make a gentle and mild astringent mask, especially soothing for sunburned skin. Of course, cucumber is also a legendary de-puffer for your eyes. Place a slice of cucumber on each eye and lay down for about 10 minutes - the cucumber will draw out the impurities that cause the puffiness in your eyes

For all skin types ...
YOGHURT REVIVER ... Rich in calcium, protein and vitamins, plain natural yoghurt is a great mask for all skin types. It's easily absorbed (just blob it on your face) and will leave your skin super soft.

LEMON DELICIOUS ... Beat an egg white and mix it with the juice from half a lemon. Smooth on your skin and leave for 15 minutes before wiping off with a warm face cloth. The lemon works as a kind of bleach, removing blotches and remnants of make-up and old fake tan.This wonder mask will leave you with a fantastically toned, shimmering and even complexion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)