Materials for notes (1 Viewer)

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
With university starting soon, I'm wondering what I should be using to write notes on. I know that bringing a laptop everyday isn't practical and rather inefficient, so I'd like to know whether getting A4 note paper or a notebook would be best. I used A4 note paper for Year 12 and it was just a mess. I'd like something that's good for uni and as tidy as possible.

izzy88

HSC
Just get an exercise book for each subject or something similar. You can always change if you don't like it. Saying that, people do use laptops in certain subjects (law for example), if the laptop is light/easy to carry around. I now use my laptop for everything, but basically do whatever you want/think is best for you.

HSC
What OzKo linked you to is the best. You'll never have to worry about leaving your notes at home, because you'll have them all with you each day you go. Also, try and get the ones that have little pockets in them, to divide up the 5 subjects, so you can stick your lecture notes/lab/tutorial notes in there.
Then if you want to be super organised, you can always tear out the notes, and use the holes in the paper to stick them into folders :)
I'm bringing my netbook with me, because I don't want to be printing out all the lecture notes > too much paper > too much ink. I will however be printing out manuals obviously, cannot really bring a netbook into a histology lab :/ I'm still going to be writing down notes in lectures though :)

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
I'll probably get what OzKo recommends, it looks like the most convenient way to keep notes. Thanks a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)