Math (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
hey i am tryig to pick certain subjects that will be easy to get my gpa up so i can transfer to a commerce or finance degree..... in one of my subs i noticed one person doing a math subject and it seemed not too hard, consdiering i did extension 1... i was wondering what the easy math course is, and what does it envolve etc?

prusso

HSC
Not Counted for Credit With: HSC Mathematics Band 5, HSC Mathematics Extension 1 Band E3, HSC Mathematics Extension 2 Band E2, any unit in the range MATH130-MATH339 (if completed previously or concurrently).

it wont count to ur gpa

maths123 - no credit if uve done 3u maths / 2u maths (band 5)
maths130 - no credit if uve done 3u maths (band e3) / 2u maths (band 5)
maths135 - no credit if uve done 3u maths (band e4)
maths136 - need to have done 135

thats the order of the maths units in terms of difficulty, so depending on ur result in 3u depends on the unit ull do :)

http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/unitcodeprefix.php?edition=2006&ulevel=ug&unitCodePrefix=MATH

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Maybe these comp/science questions could be moved to the Science section...might as well make use of the 'College' sub-sections.

Kutay

University
HSC
prusso said:
Not Counted for Credit With: HSC Mathematics Band 5, HSC Mathematics Extension 1 Band E3, HSC Mathematics Extension 2 Band E2, any unit in the range MATH130-MATH339 (if completed previously or concurrently).

it wont count to ur gpa

maths123 - no credit if uve done 3u maths / 2u maths (band 5)
maths130 - no credit if uve done 3u maths (band e3) / 2u maths (band 5)
maths135 - no credit if uve done 3u maths (band e4)
maths136 - need to have done 135

thats the order of the maths units in terms of difficulty, so depending on ur result in 3u depends on the unit ull do :)

http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/unitcodeprefix.php?edition=2006&ulevel=ug&unitCodePrefix=MATH
Are you serious because i did 3 unit i cant do the course and i wont get any credit poitns for the subject if do it why is that ???? how can they say u can't do it?

prusso

HSC
wot mark did u get in 3u?

they look at ur hsc marks

its like doing ipt or sdd in the hsc and then doing isys123, its not right giving sum1 credit for doing a subject that they havent learnt anything and just doing it to raise ur gpa

if ur looking for subjects to raise ur gpa, do stat170, bba102, mktg101, bba111

they are all relatively easy subjects and dont have the bullshit like maths :)

Majesty

HSC
N/A
prusso said:
wot mark did u get in 3u?

they look at ur hsc marks

its like doing ipt or sdd in the hsc and then doing isys123, its not right giving sum1 credit for doing a subject that they havent learnt anything and just doing it to raise ur gpa

if ur looking for subjects to raise ur gpa, do stat170, bba102, mktg101, bba111

they are all relatively easy subjects and dont have the bullshit like maths :)
What he said ^
On a similiar note i've found that i do better at what some "consider" harder subjects than the easier ones! That might be because of the fear of failing i probably study harder/work harder for the harder subjects and become more lazy with easy subjects!

prusso

HSC
Majesty said:
What he said ^
On a similiar note i've found that i do better at what some "consider" harder subjects than the easier ones! That might be because of the fear of failing i probably study harder/work harder for the harder subjects and become more lazy with easy subjects!

lol so true.

KevinRoseFanBoi

HSC
In a way I'm glad that I didn't know that Math135 won't ever count for me, because then I would have had to do Math132, which encompasses Math135 and Math136 in one semester.

I found Math135 one of the hardest maths courses I've done, out of seven, just because the learning curve. Math136 had harder concepts and content, but after completing Math135, it was a walk in the park.

If I had done Math132, I don't know if I could have passed. Let alone get distinctions.

Moral of the story, is that you can do well at Maths at Mac, the courses may be hard, but the old head of Maths, has notes availiable all first year work and some second year courses. This is in supplement to the Numeracy Centre. It allowed me to get a distinction in Math135 and Math136. Its well worth trying it out.

dunk_3

HSC
N/A
so if anyone can tell me if I did 4unit maths/3 uni maths few years ago in HSC, can I still take any of these courses??
many thanks.

CieL

HSC
^ hahah ext3 XP

But why doesn't the same concept apply in say.... bba....

It's like how I had no background in business.. and did bba103.. my friend did the same thing, cept he learnt erm business studies, eco, rarara.. and he knew everything that was going on in the lecture................

^___^
HSC
yeah, i think they changed to structure of 135, but we are still credited with the units Jamie..

eh, ext 3 maths, that would be a mad pickup line..

"ooooooer, you like maths too? i did 4 u back in highschool, what about you?"
"5 unit!"

dracover

HSC
maf 133 encombasses the 2 i fink u got them mixed up

but 135 is stupid one of my friends did it and week one the lecturer goes revision of complex numbers which is like a e2 topic so who the hell knows how its meant to work.

i did 133 and i must say the calculus was pretty easy and the matrix stuff was hard. not sure if 135 136 divides it that way cause i relied on calculus to pass since the score was agregate so 133 might be a good option

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)