MATH121 tutorial selection (1 Viewer)

DaZ-W

HSC
Does anyone know how to enrol in math121 tutorials? Im having trouble finding the link. Thanks

Also how important are math121 lectures cause they clash with all of the CSCI114 labs?

Scanorama

HSC
When I did the subject last year, we had to enrol via SOLS, not sure if things have changed this year. Are you good at maths (HSC2/3 Units)? If so, you might be able to get away with not going to lectures. If you are like me, who did general maths in year 12, and am really bad in maths, then lectures are important.

Both MATH121 and CSCI114 are core subjects for computer science, a bit strange that they clash with each other. Maybe Willy will change the lab times after he finds out?? Email the subject coordinators of CSCI114: jo@uow.edu.au or wsusilo@uow.edu.au

HSC
Maths ones don't open for ages still (well at least another 10 days)

Wow they do all clash - well since everyone will have a problem they should change it

Scanorama

HSC
santaslayer said:
uhm tutes aren't open for enrolment yet are they?
My subjects open tonight in various times (from 1930 to 2054), I am enrolled in CSCI203, 204, 212 and 214.

DaZ-W

HSC
Good to hear that there are no more clashes. chinesefireball can you direct me to where the math121 tutorial selections will be once they do open?

Also for CSCI103 they have 1 hour and 2 hour tutorials, what is with that?

Moonshadow

~*Almost Here*~
HSC
DaZ-W said:
In CSCI103 you need to do one 1hr tutorial and one 2hr tutorial (or at least that's how it was when I did it last session). So you'll need to pick one of each :) Hope that helps.

DaZ-W

HSC
thanks for all the replys, but seems like im getting one problem after another. :worried: When I enrol into one tutorial for CSCI103 it wont let me enrol again into another.

jflores

HSC
csci103 is the worst subject ever. I hated it. It's over now...

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
DaZ-W said:
Does anyone know how to enrol in math121 tutorials? Im having trouble finding the link. Thanks

Also how important are math121 lectures cause they clash with all of the CSCI114 labs?
Math121 is pretty much *the* lecture you need to attend.

Scanorama

HSC
DaZ-W said:
thanks for all the replys, but seems like im getting one problem after another. :worried: When I enrol into one tutorial for CSCI103 it wont let me enrol again into another.
Copied from the subject website:

Contact hours:
2 hours lecture+1 hours tutorial/lecture+3hours tutorial

If your timetable already have an 2 hours lecture and a 1 hour lecture and you have already enrolled in a 3 hours tutorial, then you are fine.

I hate 103 too, Anne Fuller fully fucked it up, 114 was way easier and better. Too bad she is taking 203 this session :(

HSC
DaZ-W said:
Good to hear that there are no more clashes. chinesefireball can you direct me to where the math121 tutorial selections will be once they do open?

I went to the tutorial enrolement, and a link to either math121 or math187 was there (can't quite remember). But neither is open for enrolement yet.

Won't let me enrole in 3 hours worth of lectures either - i just left it at the 2 - EDIT - all fixed now :D

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
When I did MATH121 we were placed in a tutorial. We could only change it in the case of a clash or other reason. Clashes were given priority over people with work commitments, and they were given priority to people who couldn't be bothered turning up to that tutorial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)