Math132 (1 Viewer)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
How difficult is MATH132? I did 4u maths in year 12 but didn't do too well (1 mark off an e3) though that was bc I was pretty much without a teacher and self taught in that subject. I got a high e3 (2 marks off an e4) in 3u though.

Would I be able to cope with MATH132, or should I do MATH135?? The tutorial work for the first week isn't bad but I'm not delusional enough to think that it won't get harder. And does anyone know any good resources to help with this unit??

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
MATH132 is pretty rigorous and can be confusing if you are not familiar with the symbols, I would say the content is much harder than the actual exam. The exam is pretty straight forward all you need is just practice.

You can also just do MATH135 and get a HD then enroll in MATH133 if you think 135 is too easy for you.

I doubt you will read the online text ( I forgot the name lol), it just make life even more complicate with the symbols but it is really good if you good with the symbol and subsets stuff.

I would say past papers are the best, and your hand written lecture notes(I did it 4yrs ago though)?lol

This course is most likely taken by the actuarial students (where the recommend requirement are both e4 in ext1&ext2 maths), so get to know them and ask for help if necessary

furthmore if you good at complex number, integration and polynomial then MATH132 should be no problem for you.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)