• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

mathematic computer tutor program (1 Viewer)

eyeofsense

HSC
man i have this software, my parents bought it, complete rubbish.

and i think that there are like missing topics for 2unit and 3unit.
useless.

B

bar2

Basically, maths CANNOT be learnt ENTIRELY on a COMPUTER. It's a load of bullshit. If you are going to do one of those computer tutor exercises, you need to grab a fresh sheet of A4 paper and write the questions down as they come at you. Then Once you think you got it right, you have to waste more time entering the answers in one by one. It's so de-motivating when you get 1 or 2 wrong and you know you failed the exercise, esp when it's nearing the end of an exercise. There are basically one set of examples for an exercise, and NOT even all exercises contain examples. It truly is a rushed program.

It has a report card feature built in which is meant to tell your parents how well you are going in certain topics. It was never used. (Maybe once or twice when we initially got it, but never since). The lady got my parents sold when she said, "Maths is the most important subject, because it will do you well at uni, helps you over other people and you make the $$$ later on to pay it off" TOTAL BULLSHIT. I will now always be 6 grand less than I had before. Nothing will ever change that.
That statement is quite true. Maths is only really true prerequisite at uni. Some courses say you know chem or phys or eco is a prereq, but you can usually survive if you didn't do those. But maths is the one subject you can't screw with, you can't learn the basics at uni , they go too fast and there is little help for you to catch up.

So you guys spend $6000 on this dodgy software but you wouldn't give me a go, even when free? Consider $20/hr tutoring , gets you 300hrs of tutoring , with 40 school weeks a year that works out at 7.5hrs a week (no one even does that much, max is usually 2hrs , which would leave you with 6000-(20 x 80) = $4400 (LOL) and you would also learn a lot more from a person than a computer!). This is why I wanted to help you guys. The tutoring market is already full of coaching centres charging rip off prices , people selling useless and dodgy software to make a fortune and past hsc students with 100UAI or 99.95ATAR taking advantage of the whole system and charging $100/hr for tutoring (because yeah, they are worth that much lol) . You didn't want to listen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)