Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Hey,

I'm currently in Year 11 and contemplating Mathematics Extension 2. However, if I do study Mathematics Extension 2, I will most likley drop Chemistry and English Extension 1. Is this a good idea if I'm only left with 10 units? Should I continue Extension English in case I can't do Extension 2 Maths?

Winston

HSC
yea id say stick with ext 1 english, unless ur damn confident ur gonna whip ext 2 maths, i had some friends who were overly confident with ext 2 maths, and didnt perform so well, furthemore slacked off in english, when in fact english is quite crucial since 2 units of it is counted, that way for english if u stick with ext 1, maybe if u dont do extremely well in advanced eng ull have ext 1 eng and half of adv eng to count :)

untamedanimal

You should just continue it until you can be sure that you are going to do well in maths ext 2, unless you know know that you will definitely keep ext 2

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by untamedanimal
You should just continue it until you can be sure that you are going to do well in maths ext 2, unless you know know that you will definitely keep ext 2
yeah true, i mean did you know you can like have a subject up until the like 3/4 of the way of yr 12 and drop it, it's no biggie, just that a waste of time.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
yeah true, i mean did you know you can like have a subject up until the like 3/4 of the way of yr 12 and drop it, it's no biggie, just that a waste of time.
really?

thanks for you help Winston and untamedanimal

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by = Jennifer =
is it true if u do 4 unit u r guaranteed at least UAI 95
Where did you hear that??

It is acctually possible to get really bad in maths ext2, but not many ppl do since that either drop it or are suggested by the school to drop it b4 they get to the HSC. So the ppl who are left do quite well. In addition, ppl who do well in 4unit maths will prolly do decent in physics and chem, which further boosts their UAI. Thus, this might contribute to that statistic that ppl who do 4u maths will get over 95 UAI.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
Where did you hear that??

It is acctually possible to get really bad in maths ext2, but not many ppl do since that either drop it or are suggested by the school to drop it b4 they get to the HSC. So the ppl who are left do quite well. In addition, ppl who do well in 4unit maths will prolly do decent in physics and chem, which further boosts their UAI. Thus, this might contribute to that statistic that ppl who do 4u maths will get over 95 UAI.
Lol...I'm doing chemistry at the moment, and its probably my worst subject. I think its because chemistry is such a huge topic because we are speeding through it and I don't understand anything that we are learning..which is why I'm dropping it..lol :)

quot

yo hyperbole,

i started year 12 with Ext 2 maths and extention 1 english. My careers advisor and year advisor ganged up on me to drop something....so i flipped a coin. I'm so happy i got rid of Ext Eng because everyone who stayed absolutly hates it. Most likely because of the teacher, but either way.

Whatever you do, just have fun doing it, if you are thinking of doing ext 2 maths, i hope you enjoy maths

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
keep more then 10 units until after the trials, then u get an idea of how u sit. or if u no even before then (half yearlies) that u r failing a subject get rid of it. but not yet!

cephren

My advice is Keep Chemistry... although it seems hard now - it is rather easy if u pay attention and WANT ot do well in it... as an added bonus I would like to see someone prove to me that apart from extention subjects - Chem is by FAR the highest scaled subject... The Math in chem is Piss easy and the concepts may be a lil out there but it all falls into place at the end... I never did homework nor did I study and I expect an 80+ (provided I made no stupid errors) in Chem so you should have no problems... IE do Chem AND 4-Unit...

...BTW - Make sure you take the advice mentioned in the above messages...

...*I was under the impression that 4-Unit gave u an AUTOMATIC BONUS 5 UAI Points... and it is Assumed u have achieved 100 in 2-Unit... only my understanding... added 2 jm's comments - Therefore feasable of 95+ in most cases...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)