Mathematics scaling (1 Viewer)

jjo

I'm go murderlise dog!
HSC
Hi guys first post here, just a quick question regarding scaling that i probably already know the answer to in my head but just need some confirmation.

If say theoretically i got 30% for the adv maths hsc exam (i.e. very bad) how would it scale up against a genny maths if say, a student got 50% or 70%??

I know scaling is meant to even the playing field in terms of course difficulty but i dunno whose favour it would go for.

thanks guys

(got owned by CSSA math ppr :angry: )

T

Troy2287

Get a UAI calculator and play with it...If you use SAM you need to be a premium member to see the scaling.

32/100 in maths (as an aligned mark) scales to 0.

Duno about general, but I imagine its worse..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Troy2287 said:
Get a UAI calculator and play with it...If you use SAM you need to be a premium member to see the scaling.

You sure? 0?

ctrlaltv

HSC
Troy2287 said:

really? it says 6 for me.

jjo

I'm go murderlise dog!
HSC
Troy2287 said:

WTF?! scales to 0.:bomb: how so???? can you please explain how something scales to nothing? ive read all the threads on scaling, SAM e.t.c. but does this mean i acheived nothing in maths that contributes to me UAI?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Depends what you get in the other courses and how many units you're doing (except english which always counts).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)