Mathematics versus Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
I known this may sound stupid, but is the syllabus smaller in 4 unit? Is there less stuff to learn, but its more complex?

maths94

HSC
says a 2011'er =w=
umm? i hav friends in my school who are in yr 12 and..who are in yr 11 and do 2u and some do 3u..4u..plus every1 knows its easier to get an average mark then hi mark..but meh w/e

danal353

HSC
I don't know really...

I originally had your view, dana. However, after consulting my study coordinator...if you are actually good at maths (about low to mid band 6 in 4 unit) doing 4 unit helps you a lot more in terms of uai aggregate even if you do very very well in 2 unit maths like 99 or 100.

Besides

I would strongly argue that getting 100 in 2 unit requires much more luck than getting say 95 in 4 unit if you are good at maths.

you're probably right, though it's way too late for me to change now so i'll just have to work on the 2U...

my dad really pisses me off when he goes on about if he had picked my subjects he'd have pickd 4maths 3english physics, chem and possibly a language... argh that's 13 units

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
you're probably right, though it's way too late for me to change now so i'll just have to work on the 2U...

my dad really pisses me off when he goes on about if he had picked my subjects he'd have pickd 4maths 3english physics, chem and possibly a language... argh that's 13 units
I don't think you should regret (if you are regretting). Because it seems to me that you have picked subjects that you like and the subjects that you are quite good at. So ye, you have a right choice.

Don't really care about what your parents have to say when you have reached this far. My parents used to piss me off too about not doing physics and economics which have higher scaling. But it doesn't matter thou. What matters is how much you like your own subjects and how good you are in them. They should respect our subject choices...

danal353

HSC
I don't think you should regret (if you are regretting). Because it seems to me that you have picked subjects that you like and the subjects that you are quite good at. So ye, you have a right choice.

Don't really care about what your parents have to say when you have reached this far. My parents used to piss me off too about not doing physics and economics which have higher scaling. But it doesn't matter thou. What matters is how much you like your own subjects and how good you are in them. They should respect our subject choices...

yeah that's true and i'm not really regretting anything because i know i'll get into the course i want to do in uni... and that's pretty much the whole point anway

but you should have chosen economics, its so much fun... haha

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad

You probably would have enjoyed Physics, Namu. Although they are taking more and more of the maths away from it :( ....

Divinity_

HSC
umm? i hav friends in my school who are in yr 12 and..who are in yr 11 and do 2u and some do 3u..4u..plus every1 knows its easier to get an average mark then hi mark..but meh w/e
And do your friends represent the rest of the state?

Last edited:

shady145

Banned
HSC
i'm having this dilema lol
i have been asking the head teacher of maths would a 99-100 in 2u do better than 75, thats my average =( in 4u. although my marks should rise a little bit in 4u if i pretend i have competition or something lol, maybe if i set a target, o btw im the only one in my 4u class XD.
she said if i get >60 in my 4u trial i should keep it.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

In the end, it is really you that has to put in the effort and not your dad. He may just be lurking behind breathing down your back until you get your desired ATAR. Anyway, good luck. I'm pretty much clueless in HSC forum topics.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i'm having this dilema lol
i have been asking the head teacher of maths would a 99-100 in 2u do better than 75, thats my average =( in 4u. although my marks should rise a little bit in 4u if i pretend i have competition or something lol, maybe if i set a target, o btw im the only one in my 4u class XD.
she said if i get >60 in my 4u trial i should keep it.
Hmmm that's really hard :S

What do you thin you're going to get in the actual HSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)