Maths 3unit test - how did you go? (1 Viewer)

mikewlt

HSC
Hey guys i did my 3 unit maths and actually found it extremely hard? Possibly because my teacher is teaching things of the Fitz patrickbook, which some of the thigns in there are no longer in the syllabys. We also learnt extra topics which we weren't and this really does clash and create mre strenous stress which is not needed. An eg of a topic that we learnt was induciton. Although it wasn't in the syllabys why is my teacher teaching us this soo early?

Hit me back with your opnions on your tests =p

Mikewl

struth

HSC
You'll need to know it next year.

I learnt it in year 11, and it meant that we had more time in year 12 to revise. The more you can get done in year 11, the less you have to do for year 12.

anniea89

HSC
yeah we did induction this year, and it's definately in the 3u HSC exam.

I found the 3u exam very difficult and although my rank was still relatively good (top 10), I would have liked to have done better and studied more.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I thought induction was supposed to be in the year 11 course, then again I'm only judging from the fact that it's in the Cambridge textbook :p

As for my 3u test...I was late on the day :eek: :mad1: *shifty eyes* :p

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
My school is so slow... Didn't cover induction or parametrics...

You all have headstarts now :( lol

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
^Don't worry, there isn't that much to the theory on induction :) You'd grasp it after a few examples :D

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Mmmmm we didn't cover induction, oh well.
I failed my yearly maths 3u miserably, a lousy 10-20%, with a prelim average of 30%-40%. Glad that i'm dropping it :)

IceOnFire

HSC
mrzeidan1 said:
My school is so slow... Didn't cover induction or parametrics...

We haven't started induction either, and we learnt integration just after the exams.. :mad1:

I thought my 3 unit test was alright. There were some tricky and hard questions, and I definitely need more practice. There is always next year.. :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
airie said:
I thought induction was supposed to be in the year 11 course, then again I'm only judging from the fact that it's in the Cambridge textbook :p
Nope, part of the year 12 course, but better to be learnt in year 11 :)
mrzeidan1 said:
It isn't that much of a headstart, you should be able to cover induction in about a week, so it doesn't take that much time to understand it :)

kathrynso

HSC
3U i found very easy, i dont know. Maybe our teacher doesn't want another class to full fail 3U in year 11. Last year... no one passed lol.
But with that said, Im sure i've made some mistakes but i hope for a top 3 placing... fingers crossed.
We learnt induction this year but not para...something lol - parametrics.

Azzayear1207

HSC
i did shocking in my final 3u test...i got a raw mark of 53% with it being scaled up to only 58%. Fortunatly, the only relief i can get from that mark is that out ouf a class of 21 i placed 17th, not SPECTACULAR but better than last :p

BFF

HSC
I wasnt that happy I got a mark of 54% but that is scaled to about 70% as I was 4th in my class. Even though I was disapointed I know where I can improve and I am still doing 4unit maths.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
62/64...rank 3 =D the test was pretty simple though for a selective school -_- similar to textbook excercises.

twilight1412

HSC
drynxz said:
62/64...rank 3 =D the test was pretty simple though for a selective school -_- similar to textbook excercises.
whoa which selective school?
im from penrith ^^
i came 4th in the exam .....
1. 59/64
2. 58.5
3. 58.5
Me. 58

.... coulda came first >< screwed up so much easy stuff
this means i come 2nd overall

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
airie said:
Nah. It was ext 3u math for the year 11 course. The teachers just thought, "What the hell, it's in the book. Might as well teach it now." Much like implicit differentiation.

And our school is so iffy with posting marks up, which is probably a good thing. Every single test, someone gets 100%, followed by a few people with 99%. You'll be lucky if you're in the top 10 with a mark of 96%-ish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)