Maths, Chemistry, Physics Tutoring|99.75 ATAR|UNSW Medicine|5 years tutoring experience (1 Viewer)

imagineee

HSC
Hi everyone, I'm a graduate from the 2023 cohort who is currently studying medicine at UNSW.

I am currently offering tutoring (both online and in-person although the latter depends on location) for the UCAT, Mathematics Ext 2 and Ext 1 as well as Maths Advanced, Chemistry and Physics. I achieved 98 in both 3u and 4u maths, 97 in physics and 96 in chemistry, as well as 3260 (98th percentile) in the UCAT. As a recent graduate who was able to score extremely well in all of these subjects, I am not only very proficient with the content, but also have many high quality resources as well as study and exam techniques that I can't wait to share with students!

What I offer

Constant support
- Ever need help outside class for a question or concept or just study/life in general? I will always be present and willing to address whatever concern you have to the best of my ability!

5 years teaching experience - I have been tutoring for over 5 years, with this including both piano tutoring and tutoring for the selective high school test/high school. Thus, I'm a patient and responsible teacher who is well equipped to teach students at all sorts of levels, can break down difficult concepts to make them much easier to understand and know how to make lessons engaging. Additionally, I place a strong focus on developing problem solving skills and understanding of the content, rather than rote learning, and will ensure that students are able to tackle any question that the HSC can throw at them.

Customised learning - Having taught many students at different levels and with a variety of motivations, I will create a customised study plan for every students that takes into account their strengths and weaknesses and aims to achieve their goals

High-quality resources - Being someone who enjoyed taking their understanding of HSC content to the next level and constantly developing their problem solving skills, I have collated a large collection of resources that myself and my peers used. These range from rather textbook questions aimed at developing fundamentals, to internal exams (many of which are quite hard to find), trial papers, all the way up to olympiad/integration bee questions that can be done using HSC methods, which are aimed at developing critical thinking skills and challenging the understanding of incredibly advanced students.

Studying/Exam technique - Having achieved extremely high marks in the UCAT and HSC, I've been able refine both my studying methods and exam techniques, and will be able to share these proven techniques to make studying and achieving great results much easier.

Constant consolidation of knowledge - Through personal experience, and that of my high-achieving peers, I've found that constant consolidation of knowledge is paramount to achieving mastery of the content being studied, and ultimately achieving excellent results. Thus, I will give out homework every week to help the student revise and become confident in the things they've learnt (with the difficulty of this depending on the student's goals and level), do a small mock exam at the beginning of each lesson to give them exam experience and ensure their mastery of the content, and also check in on them frequently to make sure they are understanding all the concepts.

Referrals - In the case that you want a service that I don't offer (e.g. English tutoring, Economics tutoring, Biology tutoring, or Maths Olympiad Tutoring) I have many highly-qualified connections that do offer tutoring in these fields that I can refer you to.

Rates at $75 per hr though this is negotiable.

Please PM for more details!

Last edited:

Gantor

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hi everyone, I'm a graduate from the 2023 cohort who is currently studying medicine at UNSW.

I am currently offering tutoring (both online and in-person although the latter depends on location) for the UCAT, Mathematics Ext 2 and Ext 1 as well as Maths Advanced, Chemistry and Physics. I achieved 98 in both 3u and 4u maths, 97 in physics and 96 in chemistry, as well as 3260 (98th percentile) in the UCAT. As a recent graduate who was able to score extremely well in all of these subjects,
Say mums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)