maths or no maths (1 Viewer)

Kupow pow

HSC
hey guys imma doin mathematics ...and i am failin badly(upset)...i've got a tutor....who is really good..but i'm still failin...i dunnoe if i should drop it all together..or keep it for the HSC....cos i wanna do commerce....or something similar in uni...what should i do?? plz help!!:confused:

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
If you want to do any Uni course that will involve maths - science, economics, commerce, ... - my advice is keep doing maths. If you drop it, you will regret not knowing anything much about calculus.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Kupow pow
hey guys imma doin mathematics ...and i am failin badly(upset)...i've got a tutor....who is really good..but i'm still failin...i dunnoe if i should drop it all together..or keep it for the HSC....cos i wanna do commerce....or something similar in uni...what should i do?? plz help!!:confused:

Hmm is your tutor much help? what does he/she think?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
If you want to do any Uni course that will involve maths - science, economics, commerce, ... - my advice is keep doing maths. If you drop it, you will regret not knowing anything much about calculus.

Agreed. Don't think bridging course, or thinking that you would get help in Uni, yes they exist, but they are rushed so fast you wouldn't have time to grasp the ideas at all. 2 Unit is essential, and it is important to do it in such a time span so you can have as much practice possible.

I'd advise you to stick in there, if you're in yr 11, it's like that for some, certainly for me, i hated maths badly in yr 11 then it got better in year 12, i liked it more, it's the more practice the more you see a pattern.

^___^
HSC
to add what winston said..

maths is very important in uni..probably more important than english(might get flamed, but what the heck :p )

Kupow pow

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
Agreed. Don't think bridging course, or thinking that you would get help in Uni, yes they exist, but they are rushed so fast you wouldn't have time to grasp the ideas at all. 2 Unit is essential, and it is important to do it in such a time span so you can have as much practice possible.

I'd advise you to stick in there, if you're in yr 11, it's like that for some, certainly for me, i hated maths badly in yr 11 then it got better in year 12, i liked it more, it's the more practice the more you see a pattern.
nah imma in yr 12...and i'm failing

Kupow pow

HSC
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
Hmm is your tutor much help? what does he/she think?
my tutor is of help..but only slightly sees an improvement

Winston

HSC
nah imma in yr 12...and i'm failing
What exactly are you failing, can you pin point your weakness?

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
look at the book for uni if u need it 2 get into da course keep it obviously. otherwise i dunno u could do it as an extra 2 units that way if u stuff up it wont count or u could drop it b4 hsc if it gets to hard. get ur tutor to come over 4 longer and ask questions n stuff in school

Kupow pow

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
What exactly are you failing, can you pin point your weakness?
i guess ceratin parts in all topics..esp deductive reasoning in geometry..

Winston

HSC
i guess ceratin parts in all topics..esp deductive reasoning in geometry..
yes geometry proving i was bad at, you just gotta learn to interpret the diagram a little better and know your properties off by heart.

Collin

HSC
N/A
If you want to do Commerce in university, I strongly advise you to do mathematics, if not 3 unit mathematics.

Mathematics is integral to a range of degrees ranging from the Sciences and Medicines to Business and Commerce to Engineering.

Geometry is fortunately one of the less important subjects at university level mathematics. More emphasis appears to be placed on Algebra, Calculus or Statistics, depending on your subject selection.

santaslayer

HSC
NO MATHS!
my maths didnt count for my uai......im still doin a commerce degree....

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmm
if he is failing and doing shit wouldnt that mean it'll dragg his uai down even further?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
to add what winston said..

maths is very important in uni..probably more important than english(might get flamed, but what the heck :p )
It depends on where you're headed.
You should know some Mathematics for Commerce. So keep it. Of course, if you were heading into say, English, then, don't. :p

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
NO MATHS!
my maths didnt count for my uai......im still doin a commerce degree....
You do realise that there are mathematical skills required for courses like Commerce.. right?

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
You do realise that there are mathematical skills required for courses like Commerce.. right?
hmmmmm...... lemme check...LoLz
the major available for commerce are as follows:

Business Information Systems
Business Law
Economics
Marketing
HRM
Management
Accounting
Finance
Finance Planning
International Business and
Logistics

out of the 11..u can still do 5 majors without much or maybe any maths!

ie. Business Law
Marketing
HRM
Management (ok, ther may be a litle accountancy subject u are required to dol but nothing serious Accounting 1A..basic level maths, adding and subtracting)
and international business

unless the thread starter wants to do something full on like finance the he/she will be fine! (i hope!):p

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Im in year 12 and a few weeks ago dropped to General maths from 2 unit maths. However i hate maths and find the general course boring cause its stuff ive done in year 9 lol....

Anyway, i want to drop maths altogther (im doing 12 units atm)

I want to do a B of Commerce next year, I already have about more than 3/4 knowledge of the Mathematics course. Could i drop maths now? Would it disadvantage my chances of getting a uni place?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Any advice? cause if i drop i have to do it very soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)