Maths Tutor (1 Viewer)

hubbib101

HSC
My Major work idea is a maths tutor. That makes maths fun by incorporating it into games and things. I originally made alot of smalll cool games - but found they sorta had no pratical use cause people had already made them before so i want to do this. I just wanted to know what poeple thougth about it.

What ages should i make it from ?
How would i incorporate the games?
What would a maths tutor program be like?

Pincus

HSC
What ages should i make it from ?
How would i incorporate the games?
What would a maths tutor program be like?

That doesn't really matter imo. I know a guy who did a really simple testing program. There were like 10 questions, and you had to type the answer into the textfield, go to the next question, and when you've finish it would tell you the results.

The question were really easy, like 6*8 = ? etc.

He made the program look pretty, with graphic buttons (custom). He did it in VB iirc.

The complexity of the project doesn't matter too much. Just as long as it works. Remember, the actual program is only a small part of the whole project. There is all the other shit like time management (ghant chart etc), evaluation etc etc.

You could probably whip something up in Flash in a lesson, and it would be good enough, and it's really easy to make your own graphics/buttons. I think teachers are easily fooled by the looks of the application. Just make it look good, is what i've been told.

My project is just a couple games i've previously made (connect four, minesweeper and an image sliding game).

Ensure that the program is easy for the end user to use, assuming they will be using it for the first time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)