Maths Tutoring by Actuarial Student Available (1 Viewer)

milton

HSC
Hi,

My name is Milton and I am an ex-James Ruse student currently studying a Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW on a Co-op Program Scholarship in Actuarial Studies about to commence my 3rd year.

I have had extensive tutoring experience with the entire spectrum of age groups- from primary school students to fellow university classmates. I am currently looking for more private students for this summer holidays for Mathematics (all levels) and Physics.

High School Results

I gained a UAI of 99.45 including marks in these subjects:
  • Mathematics Extension 1 - 97
  • Mathematics Extension 2 - 95
  • Physics - 92
I also completed Software Design & Development in Year 10 and the Cosmology Distinction Course.
I have also received prizes in many competitions including:
  • Westpac Maths Competition
  • UNSW School Maths Competition
  • UNSW PwC Economics Competition
  • Head Teacher's Award for Software Design & Development
  • 2nd in Australian Informatics Olympiad 2004
  • 2nd in Australian Invitational Informatics Olympiad 2006
  • Silver in French Australian Regional Informatics Olympiad

University Achievements & Work Experience

• I worked at Scholani Education College during 2007 where I helped mainly primary school students prepare for OC/Selective Tests.
  • I completed an Industrial Training at Colonial First State Global Asset Management during the summer of 2007/08. This has allowed me the opportunity to witness the practical application of advanced mathematical concepts such as financial and statistical techniques in the real world.
  • I have worked as a volunteer student support tutor for 1st Year Actuarial Maths (MATH1151/1251) to provide additional assistance to fellow actuarial students.
  • I achieved "best overall performance" in the 2nd Yr Actuarial Studies course ACTL2002 Probability & Statistics for Actuaries in 2008.

My method of teaching is focused on the student - I believe it is most effective to target the student's weak areas of understanding with deep intuitive explanations reinforced with illustrative examples.

If you want a tutor who has wide-ranging experience in both teaching and industry then don't hesitate to contact me preferably via PM or email (milton.lim@student.unsw.edu.au)

I live close to Parramatta and will provide a free 1hr introductory lesson.

Good luck in your studies!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)