• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maximum number of units (1 Viewer)

HSC
dracnom said:
Yeh someone in James Ruse, a female to be more specific, did 22 units, very crazy. About how she managed it was completing like 6 units in year 10 or 11 i think, then do morning class, whole day with no frees, and afternoon class. Heard that she says that since year 8 she hasn't watched any tv. Must be such a boring life, but if she views doing work as fun, then thats her way of enjoying life, for me, I would die. :/''
yeh, lol, 22 units that just crazy, too crazy, someone doing that many units should live at school, she probably does or did

anywayz, if i was her and i didn't get a UAI of 100, i'd be kicking myself, if she didn't get 100 UAi, she wasted much of her time on unecessary homework, that is if the whole story is true, i doubt it's sincerity

HSC
LottoX said:
I have heard of people doing more than 20, but that's spread over a couple of years.
yeh, accelerated is understandable, but still, 20+ units is like double the minimum, is it really necessary to do and stress over so many subjects, its still possible to max ur UAI doing 10, 12 15 units

u don't have to go crazy with so many units to get a good UAI, u just need to ace ur subjects

haque

HSC
Doing twelve units is moree than enough(don't think i could study that many units in much detail and i couldn't live 2 days without tv let alone 4 years)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
dracnom said:
Yeh someone in James Ruse, a female to be more specific, did 22 units, very crazy. About how she managed it was completing like 6 units in year 10 or 11 i think, then do morning class, whole day with no frees, and afternoon class. Heard that she says that since year 8 she hasn't watched any tv. Must be such a boring life, but if she views doing work as fun, then thats her way of enjoying life, for me, I would die. :/''
The flames of nerd-astic proportions have rekindled.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
dracnom said:

I think your talking about joy thompson but she did 20 units mainly by acceleration and came first in philosophy distinction course 2005, 1st Eng Adv 2005, 1st is cosmology in 2004, she did Latin Ext and contnuers, german i think, jap ext and cont, 4U Maths, bio, physics and chem.

She also got a silver medal in the 2005 international biology olympiad.

Agywaggy

HSC
Wooz said:
I think your talking about joy thompson but she did 20 units mainly by acceleration and came first in philosophy distinction course 2005, 1st Eng Adv 2005, 1st is cosmology in 2004, she did Latin Ext and contnuers, german i think, jap ext and cont, 4U Maths, bio, physics and chem.

She also got a silver medal in the 2005 international biology olympiad.
OMG!!! I wish i was that smart!!! too bad my ranks are no where near that. :( but thats an achievement i could never dream of.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I'm sure there's people WITH TV and still do well... It's just a matter of self-control, people!

*runs to TV* xDD

HSC
N/A
People who don't go on MSN probably do a lot better.

Don't diss the girl just because she's smart. She's one of those smart people who actually has a life.

Gasp.

yosemite sam

HSC
I was in an accelerated class for studies of religion II this year and finished my hsc, and it was an eye opener for the extreme amount of work that youre expected to do for the hsc and how much you need to know. i think i did alright, but it made me realised that i relaly need to step up next year with the rest of my subjects...but i still dropped society and culture from prelim to avoid a major work. so im only doing 8 units now plus religion for uai. most units done in our year is sixteen for prelim and 15 for hsc. dunno how they do it.

webby234

HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
If some of those units are accelerated, then it shouldn't be too much different from the normal path.
No - I mean for those who do Distinction Courses the average number of units studied is 16, but some have done as much as 8 in previous years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)