Maxine McKew for Bennelong (1 Viewer)

philly17

I live in the electorate and I can tell u right now talking to ppl in the local area she has no chance. Howard has been in this seat for this long FOR A REASON!!

What makes u all think we will just drop him cose some fly in from MOSMAN is contesting him?

The electorate yes does go as far as Carlingford yet it also has gained more of Beecroft you must take that into account also!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Philomena_86 said:
I live in the electorate and I can tell u right now talking to ppl in the local area she has no chance. Howard has been in this seat for this long FOR A REASON!!
What is your reasoning for electing him then?

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
It's because she's dared to challenge howard in bshoc's electorate.
lol

My guess is either they were people simply trying to steal her car or it was set up by Maxine behind the scenes to rake in some sort of sympathy vote, both of them seem more likely than any sort of militant Liberals trying to para Maxine.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
Goodness.

I hadn't realised (until I started working for the AEC) that Bennelong now extended so far as into Carlingford.

Certainly could be interesting.
What? Carlingford has been part of Bennelong for ages if memory serves correctly, certainly since the 90's, the new suburbs we're getting for next election are Melrose Park and parts of Ermington.

What do you do at the AEC and how does one attain employment there? I'm intrigued.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
My guess is either they were people simply trying to steal her car or it was set up by Maxine behind the scenes to rake in some sort of sympathy vote, both of them seem more likely than any sort of militant Liberals trying to para Maxine.
Yea I'm skeptical that it'd be liberals trying to hastle her out to be honest... The death threats maybe, but the other stuff doesn't seem too likely.

Melrose Park and parts of Ermington.
I had a girlfriend that lived there, what a terrible place :/

Black Faery

HSC
N/A
An interesting thing I heard from a political scientist (forgot his name) on Sky News was that the majority of people who were displeased with John Howard changed their vote last time around and voted against him. The implication of this is that while the margin might be very small (and likely smaller with the electoral changes), there isn't that much room for Maxine McKew to steal traditional liberal votes. So the question is now what percentage of traditional liberal voters who voted against Howard last time will switch back, and what percentage of traditonal labor groups (from the housing commission/immigrants now in electorate) will vote liberal?

I think it will be a tight race but Howard will win, and McKew will most likely get her real shot at the bi-election to follow after Howard retires.

To those bloviating over the whole ZOMG ABC journalist = commie scumbag issue, I would just like to point out that Pru Goward was an ABC journalist, and that the left wing 'bias' at the ABC is significantly overstated.

P.S this is wikiwiki.

banco55

HSC
Black Faery said:
To those bloviating over the whole ZOMG ABC journalist = commie scumbag issue, I would just like to point out that Pru Goward was an ABC journalist, and that the left wing 'bias' at the ABC is significantly overstated.

P.S this is wikiwiki.
She's the exception that proves the rule. Kerry O'brien used to work for the labour party for example.

Black Faery

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
bloviating? Was somebody reading Mike Carlton article in SMH on the weekend?
I got bloviate from Bill O'Reilly. I don't read Mike Carlton or the SMH.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
bshoc said:
lol

My guess is either they were people simply trying to steal her car .
McKew car theft theory

"POLICE investigating reports of men shining torches into the car of Maxine McKew, the prospective ALP candidate in the Prime Minister's seat of Bennelong, are considering whether they might have been simply trying to steal it.

The Herald understands the incident is not believed to be politically motivated."

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
bshoc said:
If a left wing ABC presenter thinks she's got a chance in my seat, she's dreaming, I wasn't sure I'd be voting Howard before Labor announced their candidate, now I'm sure of it.

Bennelong never has been and never will be a Labor seat.
Bennelong has been changed substantially from being based on Lane Cove Council in the 70's and 80's and now moved westward to add the shitholes (dare I say) of Eastwood, Ryde and Ermington so it will be no hard feat for her. She can get Kevin to speak some Chinese and Korean to lure the Asian vote

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Philomena_86 said:

What makes u all think we will just drop him cose some fly in from MOSMAN is contesting him?

The electorate yes does go as far as Carlingford yet it also has gained more of Beecroft you must take that into account also!
I don't think you are surprised that John Howard wasn't a blow-in from EARLWOOD who no longer lives or bother to do anything in his electorate, which he doesn't

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
I don't think you are surprised that John Howard wasn't a blow-in from EARLWOOD who no longer lives or bother to do anything in his electorate, which he doesn't
Most Fridays he is in his office dealing with his constituents.

Bennelong has been changed substantially from being based on Lane Cove Council in the 70's and 80's and now moved westward to add the shitholes (dare I say) of Eastwood, Ryde and Ermington so it will be no hard feat for her. She can get Kevin to speak some Chinese and Korean to lure the Asian vote
Yeah, pretty much. East Ryde/Gladesville/Putney/Tennyson are the only really "North-Shore" parts of Bennelong left really.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)