MBA - wat course?? (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
hi guys!!!

how do we acquire a MBA ?

is it like Bcom and then work experimnce ?

where can we do a MBA degree??like wat unis?

thankxxx in advance

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
its post grad... best place to do it is at mgsm / macq uni

i think u need at least 3yrs experience or something.. or at least a credit average in ur undergraduate studies.. something along those lines

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
I'm not sure if thats correct, MGSM is outranked by the Australian Graduate School of Management (UNSW / USyd joint venture) and Melbourne Business School (UniMelb) in terms of overall MBA quality, and I don't think they have the same international reputation of AGSM and MBS.

Global Rankings for MBA Programs
http://rankings.ft.com/rankings/mba/rankings.html

Last edited:

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
elizabethy said:
hi guys!!!

how do we acquire a MBA ?
Same as any degree really, just rock up to uni for lectures and tutes and do the assignments, presentations and exams.

elizabethy said:
is it like Bcom and then work experimnce ?
Usually they require some sort of work experience prior to accepting you into their program. However, most people undertake their MBAs when they are in full time employment and do it part-time (the employer usually provides study support leave for it, and in some cases sponsor it.)

elizabethy said:
where can we do a MBA degree??like wat unis?
Pretty much every uni has a program. Globally, there are hepas of unis that offer it (see the rankings link above), but here in Sydney its offered by all the major Universities:

UTS Graduate School of Business (part of the University of Technology, Sydney)
www.gsb.uts.edu.au

Macquarie Graduate School of Management (based at Macquarie University)
www.gsm.mq.edu.au/

Australian Graduate School of Management (a joint venture of UNSW and USyd based at the UNSW Kensington campus)
www.agsm.edu.au

Sydney Graduate School of Management (based at the University of Western Sydney and moving to the Westmead campus this year)
http://www.sgsm.com.au/

X

xeuyrawp

:: ryan.cck :: said:

i think u need at least 3yrs experience or something.. or at least a credit average in ur undergraduate studies.. something along those lines
I thought you would have learnt by now.

Tabris

HSC
Macquarie WAS the best in Asia and 43rd in the world, back in 2000, according to the "prestigous" Economist magazine. Right now, it dropped, But it still ranks besides AGSM and Melb. as the best Australian MBA prgoram, last u heard, it also got into trouble with Singapore, some bad contract or something.

But according to the "good uni guides" , postgraduate one. MGSM is 1st for Master of Business admin, beating UNSW and USYD, with an average starting salary of 96,000. about 10k ahead of UNSW starting salary.

MGSM is also a hotel, and executive conference center

http://www.hotel.mgsm.com.au/

HSC
N/A
That's because macquarie requires minimum work experience, and AGSM and MBS don't (or at least not as much)

so don't take statistics too seriously, they tend to lie, and get manipulated by liars like the poster above.

X

xeuyrawp

Henry_Kissinger said:
That's because macquarie requires minimum work experience, and AGSM and MBS don't (or at least not as much)

so don't take statistics too seriously, they tend to lie, and get manipulated by liars like the poster above.
I think as a general rule: Always look at someone's course/uni before you pay attention to what they say. :)

Tabris

HSC
MBA in the business world is probably the benchmark for many businesses. If u try really really hard, u can go beyond Australian MBA universities and study in the USA. MBA from universities like Harvard are very highly regarded in the international scene and if u really try hard, they will come to u, not the other way around.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Yea... going to a highly regarded US or UK university would open more paths than staying in Australian.

My uncle did MBA at Melb Business School. Back in HK, he said he was hardly considered in light of LSE and Harvard MBAs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)