McVeigh's motive for the Oklahoma bombing (1 Viewer)

tattoodguy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1321244.stm

Motive

McVeigh was distressed by the 1992 catastrophe at Ruby Ridge - a siege and shootout where federal officials shot and killed the wife of survivalist Randy Weaver and their 14-year-old son.

But it was the storming of the Branch Davidian compound at Waco the following year that provoked him into acting on his frustrations.

McVeigh travelled to Waco to see the siege for himself and was horrified by the final showdown when federal troops fired tear gas and a massive fire engulfed the compound.

While on death row, McVeigh asked a friend to pass on to a London newspaper a three-page letter detailing why he carried out the bombing.

McVeigh could not forgive the Waco assault

In the letter, entitled "Why I bombed the Murrah building", he explains that he lost patience after waiting for the government to apologise for Waco. "I reached the decision to go on the offensive - to put a check on government abuse of power, where others had failed in stopping the federal juggernaut running amok," he said.

http://www.digital-exp.com/doco/TimothyMcVeigh.html

I chose to bomb a federal building because such an action served more purposes than other options. Foremost, the bombing was a retaliatory strike; a counter attack, for the cumulative raids (and subsequent violence and damage) that federal agents had participated in over the preceding years (including, but not limited to, Waco.) From the formation of such units as the FBI's "Hostage Rescue" and other assault teams amongst federal agencies during the '80's; culminating in the Waco incident, federal actions grew increasingly militaristic and violent, to the point where at Waco, our government - like the Chinese - was deploying tanks against its own citizens.

Additionally, borrowing a page from U.S. foreign policy, I decided to send a message to a government that was becoming increasingly hostile, by bombing a government building and the government employees within that building who represent that government. Bombing the Murrah Federal Building was morally and strategically equivalent to the U.S. hitting a government building in Serbia, Iraq, or other nations. Based on observations of the policies of my own government, I viewed this action as an acceptable option. From this perspective, what occurred in Oklahoma City was no different than what Americans rain on the heads of others all the time, and subsequently, my mindset was and is one of the clinical detachment. (the bombing of the Murrah building was not personal , no more than when Air Force, Army, Navy, or Marine personnel bomb or launch cruise missiles against government installations and their personnel.)

"He once told me that in the crudest of terms, it's 168 to 1," Lou Michel, a journalist who interviewed McVeigh for a book, said on ABC's "This Week."

As he took his final breaths, he made no additional movement and was described by one media witness as "seeming proud."

Indeed, in both the book and the letters, McVeigh, guilty of the largest mass murder in American history, is also probably the cheeriest murderer in all of history.

As for the bombing, he shows no remorse, regret or guilt whatsoever; he’s referred to the day care center and the children he slaughtered in the Murrah Building as “collateral damage” and compared all his innocent victims to the imaginary bad guys of “Star Wars.”

No one with any integrity can denounce what timothy mcveigh did. They should make statues in his honor.

He did try and let things play out according to the law, but when it was proven that the law doesnt make the government and its employeees accountable - he used voilence.

HE used the governments own logic to justify what he did.

I particularly like the fact that in his trial the government withheld evidence- which further violated his rights and proved his point.

I like all the protestors callling him a coward etc - and crying about the 168 dead people. rofl at those who side with the opppressive government instead of the freedom fighter.

i like how He doesnt give a fuck if he was getting executed, he knows he died for a good cause.

I like how so many people tried to hurt him and bring him down and make him regret and denounce his actions and he wouldnt.

All the cry babies eat shit, you wanted him to be scared and apologise and he told u to fuck offff - he won and you lost.

tattoodguy

ps im not encouraging terrrorism or trying to incite terrorism.

I just like the masssive ballls of the guy and his atttitude and standing up for other peoples rights.

I like the poem he had read after his death - that would have pissed people offf even more lol. he got the last laugh.

Invictus
by William Ernest Henley; 1849-1903

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

tattoodguy

exactly. YOu guys just look at the fact he killed 168 people. There is another side to the story.

He did it to draw attention to the governments incursions and violations on our freedom.

The american government killed a bunch of people domesticly and internationaly and he had the intelligence to recognise that through the mechanisms of the american government - there would never be justice, because just like australia, the government makes decisions - but no one takes responsibility.

So he made them accountable. rather than a terrorist, he is the opposite. Alledgedly terrorirists try and take away our freedoms, mcveigh died to protect peoples freeedoms. People should thank him. Well, not the people he killed etc and their families, But people in general should thank him for his generosity.

The american government believes it has a right to kill government employees etc and citizens of countries they dont like - such as in iraq? So why cant he?

Its hypocritical.

Also the government doesnt take responsiblity etc for what it does wrong, since their is no mechanisms in place to punish the government - i guess he felt he had no choice.

Does anyone at alll seee any good side to him? do you think he in some even twisted way had good intentions?

You justify our government killing 100,000 iraqies, trying to give them freedom etc ? so whats wrong with mcveigh trying to liberate america?

Im not justifying what he did. But unlike i guess alot of terrorists we hear about, the muslims etc its interesting to look at mcveighs logic and reasoning, cause it seems well thought out, not just religious dribbble like alot of terrorists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)