Med camp @ UNSW (1 Viewer)

SiMpLYiMaGiNaRy

15 days..
HSC
So..what exactly happens during med camp? :) What kinda activities..etc..? And what on earth is a toga party? :confused:

Yogeesan

Well...a toga is a sort of dress....worn by the ancient romans I fink....it was like their traditional dress...it's like a huge nappy...hahaha.....n it slings over your shoulder...hilarious.

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
If I told you, I'd have to kill you... :p j/k - brief summary:
starts on friday arvo, we're getting buses to narrabeen, there'll be friday night activities (can't tell you what exactly because the people doing friday night haven't finalised it) plus a bundle of free time to sit around and meet people/talk/play sport.
saturday morning is more activities, some of which are of the get to know you type (allegedly i'm running that) and then after that more outdoors-y things (again, not finalised but bound to include the traditional iron guts challenge). copious amounts of spare time in the afternoon and then the saturday night toga party. We advise you bring a bedsheet for that, and someone who knows how to do togas can help you from there. but think ancient rome and greece, it's essentially a big sheet draped over you, the point being that everyone looks equally silly. there will be drinks and music and whatnot at the party, it's generally pretty good. sunday morning is bludge/sports/whatever and then buses come in the early arvo.
ahhh... not so brief... none of it is compulsory but i assure you it's all fun :) it's really good for meeting people, a lot of my med friends are people i got to know on medcamp.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
its where u sit around playing card games and truth or dare :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hmm yes my medcamp had all of the above, only the sleeping quarters were arranged in a sort of octagon around the dance hall so the only way you could rest was by drinking too much and passing out.

Needless to say I didn't enjoy that night so much.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
CuteKisses said:
I did but i don't want to be the only girl stuck with heaps of guys...although that might not be so bad ;)
hmmm...

u goin to AMSA convention? lolz

I loved my medcamp.. and it will make u wished u failed 1st yr over and over.. till they kicked u out of the course..

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Which is immediately for people who don't have a damn good excuse... :p

Also, AMSA is where you get action. So to this CuteKisses person, I suppose we'll be seeing you in Perth.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hmmm
if u think spin the bottle is extreme.. u might want to rethink AMSA.. lolz :p j/k

AMSA
2004 Tasmania
2005 Sydney
2006 Perth
2007 Adelaide

its definately an experience.. its a pity most of u guys missed this yrs... very convinent otherwise

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ummm med is not renown for lookers..

so id lower wateva expectations u had...................lower........ keeep goin.... almost there

.. lolz.. and as I said on MSO forums..
try not to be too incesteous.. its weird after a while.. especially if they end up working/studying with u..

AMSA is the love fest tho.. :(

www.amsa.org.au has pics i htink.. u can spot some BoSers on it lolz

Last edited:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
so id lower wateva expectations u had...................lower........ keeep goin.... almost there
May we all bless alcohol.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
anyone going to the international christian medical and dental fellowship conference in sydney this year? its gonna be huge! few folk from my uni will be going

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
christian medical fellowship ? lol.

what has religion got to do with medical conferences?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
well it does...

about the bio-ethics of treatment
also its about supporting a fellow person in a fairly stressful profession
your biases and how you treat and percieve patients

realli there is a coming to terms of how to manage a personal and professional life

its very interesting

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
hopefully its not about going to third world countries and converting people of other religions like aid workers =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)