Med Sci to Pharmacy (1 Viewer)

karam

SELWYN
HSC
i live in syd and i really want to do pharmacy but i dont think i can make the uai cut off at csu, can i apply for the PREP scheme?? i was also thinking of doing medical sci for a year and then transfering to pharmacy. Has anyone done that?

oh and does anyone (doing pharmacy) think its boring?

svensk

HSC
N/A
I'm doing Pharmacy at CSU, and I quite enjoy it.

Many people i've talked to are doing Med Sci, then attempting to transfer to Pharmacy next year. It is very doable, but you need a solid average. Distinction minimum, higher the better.

karam

SELWYN
HSC
thanks. Do you know of many people that get distinctions from medical sci, and of actual people that have transfered?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
yes about 3-4 every year make it in. pharmacy pritty boring too trust me. u cant apply for prep as u live in sydney

maddie87

HSC
yeh, u wont get PREP being in Sydney, there are a lot of people who want to change from med sci to pharmacy. I do med sci and our course coodinator said it is very difficult to change, I dont know of anyone who has actually changed, but getting distinctions isnt too hard, plenty of people can do it.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I do Pharmacy at Usyd. It's quite interesting. It isn't hard either. I didn't turn up to half of the lectures and so far I have an HD in chem and D in pharmaceutical science. :p

lala2

Banned
HSC
You're a smart (and pretty) girl, Nakashima ;) I still attended all the lectures and got nowhere near that. Ah well, at least no Summer School and staying behind :)

And med science to pharm? Yep, there's a few who make the transfer every year. I like the practical component of PHAR1615 and PHAR1617--going out to the community pharmacy, conducting an interview--I like the psychology stuff. Just as well I had an HD for PHAR1617 :D

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
lala2 said:
You're a smart (and pretty) girl, Nakashima ;) I still attended all the lectures and got nowhere near that. Ah well, at least no Summer School and staying behind :)

And med science to pharm? Yep, there's a few who make the transfer every year. I like the practical component of PHAR1615 and PHAR1617--going out to the community pharmacy, conducting an interview--I like the psychology stuff. Just as well I had an HD for PHAR1617 :D
Oh you make me blush. :eek:

What's 1617 again? Social? Congrats on the HD! I only passed. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)