Med (1 Viewer)

insanebrad

cunt.
On a boat in a river with tangerine trees and marm
HSC
I thought i wasn;t a local student, but upon further investigating i discovered that i most likely am considered local.... so i fear i have missed that "academic advising day" or something, can someone doing med post a list of things i should have already done, dates i should know..... anyone?

Kelvy

HSC
Do you have that booklet with you when you first got accepted into med?

That like 20 page A4 booklet with like vaccination info, arts/med info, child protection and the rest of that shit?

The advising day just basically re-iterated what was said in that :S No "breaking news" or anything - apart from the fact that the med faculty hasn't figured out the first yr timetables yet (well they might have by now, i dunno i can't be bothered to check). If you still have any queries, PM me or ring the uni :D

Kelvy

HSC
Though it does say there's an advising session for international students on 15/2 - maybe u could jus rock up to that :p and see it anyway haha

insanebrad

cunt.
On a boat in a river with tangerine trees and marm
HSC
So is it worth the 7+ hour drive to do it? I assumed "local" meant local.... Im not sure if i have that booklet, is it and actual booklet or just pages stapled together because i have that thing, and you had to sign it at the end.... I thought i done all the child protection stuff at my interview.

georgia86

hey dont worry - i went and brought a pen and paper, but ended up taking no notes whatsoever because the guy was pretty uninteresting. It was a great day for meeting new ppl though - but never fear, o-week sounds much more exciting. :) Alll you need to do is submit your clinical prefs and post them those forms you had to fill out.... the one with the photo etc...

Last edited:

Kelvy

HSC
insanebrad said:
So is it worth the 7+ hour drive to do it? I assumed "local" meant local.... Im not sure if i have that booklet, is it and actual booklet or just pages stapled together because i have that thing, and you had to sign it at the end.... I thought i done all the child protection stuff at my interview.
It's the papers stapled together booklet so you have it :) If you did all that criminal record checks and child protection and etcetc, then you're fine :) You didn't miss out on anything important :)

The talk wasn't compulsorary anyway

if you're still concerned, the best thing to do would be to ring the uni :)

P.S I'll see you at O-week!! We can get lost together :D hahaha.....UNSW so big....

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
I have to agree, the session wasn't particularly enlightening, you may as just well post all of the stuff they wanted. Although i think clinical prefs closed on friday (4/2)... apart from that i'd say you're alright, save yourself the drive til semester starts.

babo

HSC
yeah the adv. session wasn't too important.

when do we have to send our photo in by?

Kelvy

HSC
My photo is appaling.........if you judged me by just the photo, I'd be the next candidate for Bodyworks......haha

Melkor

has anyone heard anything about when the med session is on o-week? I think the guy said it would be on the 22nd, but he was pretty vague about it.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
isnt o-week a huge party where ppl get drunk when the sun is up?
wonder what kinda medical aspects they'll include on tues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)