Medical Sci (1 Viewer)

karam

SELWYN
HSC
i want to do pharmacy but know wount make the cutoff. someone told me to do med sci and then transfer or do 2 years on top of the med sci and become a pharmacist, is that true?

Should i transfer in first year of med sci to pharmacy?(would i have to repeat 1st year pharmacy?) OR
complete the med sci course then do the 2 extra years?

lala2

Banned
HSC
You can do both--transfer after one year of med science if you think you'll get that Distinction average (your UAI is not taken into account, contrary to most transfers), or, if you fail to transfer, finish your medical science and then take up a Master of Pharmacy, which is 2 years. However, you need to have maintained a Credit average to be relatively competitive for Master of Pharmacy and I believe it's a ranking thing too, so if it's competitive that year, you may need an average higher than a Credit average (>65) to get in.

karam

SELWYN
HSC
Does this go for any uni? cause i dont see the use of doin med sci in UNSW when cambeltown is three stations away.right? Oh and does a Master of Pharmacy qualify me to be a pharmacist?

Last edited:

renton

HSC
Does anyone know how possible it is, considering one can maintain the sufficient average in the Medical Science course, to transfer to a MBBS? Has anyone here done it?

thanks

renton

HSC
Sweet, thanks for that mate. Is there any website you know of that has this in black and white, or any info relating to it. I'm quite inquisitive, might take this path considering I wasn't offered an interview.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)