Medical Science @ UTS (1 Viewer)

lozza_c

HSC
I recently received my offer for med sci at uts and was wondering if sum1 could help me out with books i mite need ?!? I just wanted 2 get a head start as i know that if i fall behind...there is no way ill eva catch back up....the info we got in our offer letters implied we will find out the books we need when uni starts...but i dun wanna wait that long....so if any1 can help me out it ...plz do....thnx

zhee

HSC
Relax, you are stressing too much over nothing. Uni is not all about study, and the beginning of each subject (especially 1st year) is fairly simple. Anyway, too bad that science handbook doesnt give you subject guide pdf like the the Bon Marches (humanities).

From the look of medsci course I can only tell you chem 1c texts: Brown, LeMay and Bursten, Chemistry - the Central Science (10th ed.) Prentice Hall. And suggested additional text: Aylward and Findlay, SI Chemical Data (5th ed.) John Wiley and Sons. The rest you will have to wait til someone else to tell you or wait til the beginning of the semester and check the Co-Op bookstore.

lozza_c

HSC
Thnx for ur help....chem was the main bit i wanted =)
Im not worried...just wanna keep on top of it :) but thnx
actually...maybe im just bored n wanna make a start lolz

mr_snrub

HSC
I'm not too sure what books you'll need, but one book I still look back through is "Anatomy & Physiology" by Marieb.
If you look in the second hand bookshop, near the downstairs food/bar section of the tower building (level 3, I think), you're likely to find a few copies of it quite cheap.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i bought some of my books for first yr, when it would have been a better idea to spend more time at the library

dont worry about falling behind 1 month before it all starts :p 1st yr med sci subjects r easy :)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
u really dont need first yr textbooks- except maybe the biochem one

other than that borrow the books you need from the library or buy 2nd hand books :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
2nd hand textbooks are always the answer....if you really need them
they look good as new, for only the fraction of the rrp price

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i know i do lol cos im a N*E*R*D :p

LostAuzzie

HSC
Yeh I mainly use the textbooks during the lead up to exams.
Ive got the chem textbook they use at USyd so I suppose that would be good enough for chem 1C & 2C at UTS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)