medicine at uws (1 Viewer)

Sasha123

HSC
Hey guys
Anyone who is doing medicine at uws have any tips on ow to get in?
Like whats the ATAR cut off and the umat cut off... what section of the umat do they focus on, if any
What the interview is going to be like.
And yeh anything else. I really want to do med at uws
Bwt i do live in the western sydney region...

So hows medicine at uws?

Thanks so much. Please reply :wavey:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
UMAT cut-off is about 93.55 for GWS applicants 95.55 for non GWS. It functions as a threshold essentially, so pretty much what happens is you do your UMAT and based on that result UWS calculates a score for you (i think they weight section 3 responses as half) and based on that score they will offer you an interview. From the interview they select who gets into the course so long as they reach that ATAR threshold.

Not sure on the precise UMAT cut-off tbh but judging from talking to people in my cohort, you should be aiming for a 90+ percentile to be competitive for an interview offer

I can't reveal much about the interview save that it's in an MMI format, so they give you multiple stations you rotate around (the stations are like 7 or 8 minutes each) which can be like mini interviews or scenarios.

Medicine at UWS is fantastic, i have no complaints about it at all and am loving it

Sasha123

HSC
UMAT cut-off is about 93.55 for GWS applicants 95.55 for non GWS. It functions as a threshold essentially, so pretty much what happens is you do your UMAT and based on that result UWS calculates a score for you (i think they weight section 3 responses as half) and based on that score they will offer you an interview. From the interview they select who gets into the course so long as they reach that ATAR threshold.

Not sure on the precise UMAT cut-off tbh but judging from talking to people in my cohort, you should be aiming for a 90+ percentile to be competitive for an interview offer

I can't reveal much about the interview save that it's in an MMI format, so they give you multiple stations you rotate around (the stations are like 7 or 8 minutes each) which can be like mini interviews or scenarios.

Medicine at UWS is fantastic, i have no complaints about it at all and am loving it

Hey thanks so much! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)