medicine entry in first year uni (1 Viewer)

bubblesss

HSC
hi guys !

sry im not sure if this is the right place to post my question but yeh,

what kind of ATAR is required if i want to get into medicine, in first year uni, like while doing a science course - most probably medical science ? providing that i resit the umat next year and get a good score.

people who have transferred to med after 1st year uni, what kind of UAIs did u get ?

Andi0390

HSC
Its quite easy to work out. Your GPA will be averaged out and then converted into a selection rank. This selection rank will then be averaged with your ATAR and this mark will act like your "new ATAR".

In the Transfers sticky section there is a thread about transfers with a pdf. down the bottom that has the a table of the conversion of GPA to UAI (amoung others things - scroll down). Work out what UAI you need for the course and university you want and then look at what kind of average you will need at university to achieve this result.

I imagine it would be quite difficult to consistently achieve those marks at university to get a score high enough to transfer.

dolbinau

HSC
It depends on the Uni. for UNSW ATAR/GPA combined together, so you would need a high ATAR still.

BUT, for UWS and UNCLE, you don't even need a UAI anymore! All you need is about a credit average (at UWS you don't even need this if you get above 95).

So for UWS and UNCLE, don't worry about ATAR, worry about UMAT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)