Memento - help needed (1 Viewer)

Dani 88

HSC
Hey everyone....

Ive been doing History and Memory and my core text being Memento and i am having trouble finding another related text. I have one and the other one i have im not 100% sure it is the Lindy Chamberlian case "Dingo killed my baby".

I am also having trouble with what to write in an essay for this elective. So if anyone can help me out, that will be heaps appreciated/

Thanks again
Dani

lysistrata*

HSC
Lindy Chamberlain? aha oh my.

Come on. At least do something mildly intellectual like Proust's In Search of Lost Time or even better Funes The Memorious by Borge which is almost like an opposite to Memento.

Dani 88

HSC
hey i told you i am in diar straits... if u think my related texts are bad just imagine my notes from my teacher

BronwynKate

HSC
John Bryson covers the case in a legal, intellectual and popular way.

Proust might be a bit hard first up. I read it in six months the year I was 21 (2004), but you might not have my reading stamina.

Try Swann's Way and see what you think.

Funes the Memorious is a short story.

If you're keen on nonfiction, you can use Oliver Sacks' The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat. You might especially enjoy the story about the man who couldn't remember his own murder and then did remember when he was on a very powerful drug. The whole Reminisces/Transport section has the most relevant stories.

Or you could always do Freud or Jung. I prefer Jung for more literary exercises like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)