MetalHeads Are Intelligent! (1 Viewer)

circusmind

HSC
Ehrenkills said:
Wellll..... I think kids these days don't even know what metal is.
Dude, you're what, 17 or 18 years old? "Kids these days"????

I agree, maybe 60 percent <i>are</i> listening to metal, but they probably listen to other stuff too, and alot more of it.
God forbid people have more eclectic tastes than True Believers (read: narrow-minded) such as yourself.

This new society is just catching this "metophorical heavy bus" to popularity.
I bet that sounded really clever in your head.

Because being "different" is cooll these days, maybe they would say blues. Since heavy metal isn't such a rariety anymore.....Arghhhhh bloody Generation X or whatever. Just stop listening to my music and i'll be happy lol
Of course, the real reason you're cut is that you're not so different and edgy yourself when every second kid walking down the street is the same as you.

Ehrenkills

HSC
circusmind said:
Of course, the real reason you're cut is that you're not so different and edgy yourself when every second kid walking down the street is the same as you.
Pretty much.
Everything is just IMO, don't get too edgy about it =]

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Pretty much.
Everything is just IMO, don't get too edgy about it =]
Well about your opinion... It's pretty pathetic to be honest with you and just shows how shallow your mind is. Who cares if every second kid is listening to the same sounds as you? Perhaps you garner something from the music that they don't, listening to music is a highly individualised subjective experience...

circusmind

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Well about your opinion... It's pretty pathetic to be honest with you and just shows how shallow your mind is. Who cares if every second kid is listening to the same sounds as you? Perhaps you garner something from the music that they don't, listening to music is a highly individualised subjective experience...
Bingo.

HSC
Ehrenkills said:
Wellll..... I think kids these days don't even know what metal is. I agree, maybe 60 percent <i>are</i> listening to metal, but they probably listen to other stuff too, and alot more of it. This new society is just catching this "metophorical heavy bus" to popularity. Whether it be "social outcasts" or stupid surfers who hate emos but now have fringes and listen to "metal".
If you're given a questionnaire and asked "do you listen to blues or heavy metal" which sounds cooler?
Actually that's a contradiction. Because being "different" is cooll these days, maybe they would say blues. Since heavy metal isn't such a rariety anymore.....Arghhhhh bloody Generation X or whatever. Just stop listening to my music and i'll be happy lol

I like Karnivool =]
What the fuck? I'd be stoked to have a mate to talk to about seeing Celtic Frost or something. All of my mates hate extreme metal.

You whinge about how no one listens to metal, yet you namedrop Karnivool?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I listen to Metal AND Classical, does that mean I'm pure awesome?

Edit: 70's progressive rock is pretty damn cool too. And general 60's/70's rock. Mmm.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I enjoy listening to the sound of the keys clacking as I type on my keyboard.
but it cant be better than horse the band?

HSC
N/A
BeyondDeath said:
Yay! But why am I failing 2 unit maths?
There are several different types of intellect, and it may be the case that music doesn't help the arithmetic intelligence

iwannarock

HSC
i've always heard that music and maths are related.

like people that are good at music are most likely good at maths.

i'm talking classical music here.

Legham

HSC
I played guitar hero for my first time today and i was good at it, and im good at maths. Does that count? :)

iwannarock

HSC
Legham said:
I played guitar hero for my first time today and i was good at it, and im good at maths. Does that count? :)
why not buy a guitar and learn all your favourite metal songs.

Legham

HSC
Why buy one when your dad owns 7? :D Actually it might even be 8 now.. i think he bought himself another for last christmas.

And yeah, i do plan on learning guitar once i finish my HSC... I do too little work as it is, without learning an instrument in my list of things to do..

:)

iwannarock

HSC
Legham said:
Why buy one when your dad owns 7? :D Actually it might even be 8 now.. i think he bought himself another for last christmas.

And yeah, i do plan on learning guitar once i finish my HSC... I do too little work as it is, without learning an instrument in my list of things to do..

:)
omg ur dad owns 8 guitars..........and you haven't even thought about learning. :confused:

you could have been a virtuoso by now.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Or his Dad is one of those fucking shitcunt "collectors" who owns hawt things like Tele's, Les Paul and a PRS for good measure,
but is like lol "SMOOOOOKE ON THE WAAAAAATER"

iwannarock

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Or his Dad is one of those fucking shitcunt "collectors" who owns hawt things like Tele's, Les Paul and a PRS for good measure,
but is like lol "SMOOOOOKE ON THE WAAAAAATER"
i hate those cunts!

they come in to guitar stores with their business suits and everything.

they buy insaaaaaaane guitars and amps........and they're total beginners.

its like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

if i dont get a job soon i need to get back on youth allowance.

or as i liked to call it........."the guitar fund".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)